Pride of Aloha Freestyle Daily/Menu 3/18/07

RSWBADGER

Another thank you!!!

I came across these in another thread last night and have to say--DH and I spent a few minutes before going to sleep reading over them and getting excited about our trip :)

No wonder I dreamt of oceans and beaches and palm trees last night :)

This is very helpful. I think I may try to snag these in June and do PDF files and post them. These are very helpful to have to prepare for the trip.

A couple of questions:

1. How did you like Pride of Aloha

2. We booked the Norway Deck (cabins 0003, 0004, and 0111). Any thoughts on the cabins and the size?

3. What was your favorite thing on shore?

4. Did you take ship-sponsored trips or did you rent a car and do it that way?

Your thoughts would be most valuable.

Regards,

Tony & Ginger

This is very helpful. I think I may try to snag these in June and do PDF files and post them. These are very helpful to have to prepare for the trip.

A couple of questions:

1. How did you like Pride of Aloha, We sailed on her before out of San Juan when she was the "Sky", so we knew the ship somewhat, large ship lot's of room. wood, very nice restaurants and Atrium.

2. We booked the Norway Deck (cabins 0003, 0004, and 0111). Any thoughts on the cabins and the size? Sorry can't help here.

3. What was your favorite thing on shore? This intinerary has so much to offer, we cruised before on the Pride of America, last time in Maui we did the Haleakala Sunrise Bike Ride and the Road to Hana on our own, this time we rented a car and went up the coast (The forbidden Road to Kapalua), one lane for 8 miles, lunch in Ka'anapali at the Beach Bar), afternoon we did some beach and the Pacific Whate Foundation Sunset Sail at 4:30, saw lot's of Whales. Day 2 at "Big Beach" in south Maui. Kauai, Po'piu beach for snorkeling, great restaurant across the street from the park, and the Waimea Canyon drive, at the end of the road it is worthwhile to walk the extra 2 miles to a fabulous lookout point of the Na Pali coast. Day 2 in Kauai walked to the Marriott beach walk, up the elevator to the top, turn right to walk to shoreline on the Lagoon's golf course, we walked all the way to the lighthouse and back, great morning.

Big Island, both trips the "Lava Viewing Hike", both years hiked to active Lava Flows, this was our highlight of our trip, we had stayed on the Big Island several other times and ventured into the Lava filelds before with no success in finding the lava.

4. Did you take ship-sponsored trips or did you rent a car and do it that way? See above, rented in Kauai Day1, Kona drove to Waikolola Beach, Maui, both days.

Your thoughts would be most valuable.

Try to avoid the lunch buffet the first day when everyone is arriving, long lines, people angry, not enough buffet space on ship. There is a buffet in the back of the shio, deck 11, small lines.

Regards,

Tony & Ginger

Enjoy your trip!

off thread ....I enjoyed your photos, did you use a film or digital camera

Digital Canon Powershot s45, I do shoot all the pictures at the highest resolution setting on the camera.

Thanks for your posts, they are quite helpful

We are sailing on the POA in May and have a balcony cabin. Do you recall if there was a coffee maker in your room? Thanks!

We had a coffee maker, but we had a suite. There is free breakfast room service for all cabins, and they'll bring you a full coffee pot.

Archived