Galveston to IAH

ranman454

I am sailing 4-15-07 on the Conquest. I rented an Enterprise car from IAH to Galveston for the 14th so I could sight see Saturday night. However, Enterprise doesn't have any cars available for 4-22 and am trying to figure out how I am going to get back to the airport. Looks like a long walk to IAH. Any ideas? My wife and I will split the cost if you already have transportation and have room for two.

Not walk....cab $100 or ship transfer ~$48pp or limo.....but not walk. Good luck with share ride....post note on board on ship. You can get a van (cab) for the same price as cab right in front of the terminal.

We're in the same boat (sorry) next week. Limos are looking at $140 or more for 3 ppl. It's Easter Sunday so both hertz & enterprise are close.

we even thought of renting for the week & parking at a hotel. no go... to much cunch time to pick up the car & get to iah.

petel... thanks for the posting suggestion.

We just got back on Sunday from Galveston. You do have another option for car rental.... Hertz.

They have a booth at the port (about 60 ft from Enterprise booth at Carnival pier). They then shuttle you to a rental lot about 10 minutes away.

We self-disembarked at 7:45 am, were in the rental lot about 9:00 am, after going through customs and taking the shuttle.

With our CAA (Cdn version of AAA) membership, it cost us $105 US going to Galveston from IAH, and $65 US on the reverse trip on a mid-size car. With 4 of us, one of the cheapest options. :rolleyes:

Keep checking on Enterprise car availibility. I just got back from the Conquest on Easter Sunday. I booked one way to Galveston but couldn't get a return because they were closed on Sunday. Guess what? They changed their minds and opened. But they were sold out. When I walked off the ship (unfortunately with other arrangements already booked) they had SUVs available.

Archived