Voyager 878 - Vibration?

Buckeye, Please go through some of the past threads on this board. You will find some quite diverse opinions about whether or not there is objectionable vibration in aft suites on the Voyager. Personally, we love these aft suites and would not book anything else on the Voyager. We've spent more than 80 days aft on the Voyager and have never been bothered by the occasional moderate vibration that we have felt. There are quite a few other RSSC loyalists who also love these suites. However, quite a few other frequent RSSC cruisers have been bothered to distraction by vibration in these same or neighboring suites, some on the same cruises that we have been on.

My only guess is that some people are more sensitive to this vibration than are others. Personally, I would stick to the suite that you have booked; however, if you are nervous about any possible vibration, you might want to book something farther forward for this cruise. While at sea, you can walk around to the corridors leading to the aft suites and see if there is any vibration that bothers you. Then you can make a personally informed choice for your next Voyager cruise.

We were in a suite the deck below your suite and noticed the vibration only in the bathroom and even then it was minor and hardly noticeable for us. But as JDRMYS says, others have found it disturbing. Whether that was because of particular sea conditions I don't know. The worst comment was from someone crossing the Atlantic.

For my part, I would choose those aft suites anytime. I loved them.

I will be in that cabin in 5 weeks. I have been in other aft cabins, and have had no problem with vibration. It is true, everyone's perception and reaction is different. I would book an aft cabin anytime I could.

Good luck

We were in 877 on the Norwegian fjords cruise a couple of years ago and loved that balcony. 877 and 878 are a little different from the other aft suites on that deck because the balcony wraps around the side a bit. It doesn't show on the deck plans, though. Thus, those two cabins have much larger balconies that the other aft cabins, even though they cost the same. It's a great deal. We were not at all bothered by vibration, athough we heard that 878 (which is on the port side) had a bit more vibration than our 877 on starboard. If you are springing for a Horizon View cabin on Voyager, 877 and 878 are the best choices.

Awesome feedback ... thanks! We are not sailing until 12/08, so we have some time ... will be on the Celebrity Summit in February 08 ... we are aft junkies, so it sounds like we will have an extraordinary time on the Voyager ... first time on Regent ...

Archived