Conflicting Feed back Seabourn Air...Please Help!!

Jaffa

Hi Folks,

Please see "caldera" post for background.

My problem is,

I think the Seabourn representative in Australia is just a representative and not a part of Seabourn, which is why l am having this problem, so l am appealing to those experts here to help solve this issue.

This representative states firmly to my travel agent, that as Australians "we cannot have access to the Seabourn air programe from a US gateway city", even if we find our own way to the US gateway in question.

The terms and conditions in the Seabourn "contract of carrage" do not say this in any form. In fact it gives you the impression that anyone booked with Seabourn can use the service as long as it is from a US Gateway city.

My T/A is at a loss to what to do next, she recon's its rubbish, but unless we can go back to the above rep with something hard in writing we are waisting our time from this end.

So can anyone help with wether this is true or not??

Can anyone give us a "contact point" or "e-mail" or "Phone number" with Seabourn direct in the US to have this clarified so we can take something back to their rep in Australia.

This rep refuses to even ask seabourn for a quote.

Its all giving me a big headache.

Please help!!

Colin........................................

Seabourn's reservation number is 1-800-929-9391. You may not be able to use an 800 number from Australia--so I called Seabourn and got a regular number that will work--it's 303-463-3000--you will have to add the U.S. country code to the number. Hope you have access to a Worldwide phone. You probably have it, but the time difference is-- it's 10:50am Wednesday the 28th in Miami now--it's 1:52am Thursday in Sidney now. I believe the Seabourn Office is open from 8am till 6 or 7 pm. The office is open weekdays only. If I can help further let me know--good luck Don

Don,

Thanks for your response, both you and Lola have just been wonderfull with your help and advice, l am very thankfull and gratefull for your time and your wisdom.

Maybe one day our path's will cross, where l can shake your hand share a cocktail with you both.

I am sorry for the delay in this post but l have been away with work to a trade fair and have only just got home.

I have just got off the phone from the Seaborn 800 number (yes it does work from Australia) you had refered me to.

I was quite fassinated by their response so l will pass it on to you as well for interest sake.

The only way anyone can purchase Seabourn air is to book and pay for the cruise with Seabourn USA.

You cannot book or pay for air from any other Seabourn booking office or representative.

When l started this project l was told that the only way as an Australian that l could book on a Seabourn cruise was to use the Seabourn Australia office in Sydney. I was not allowed to book direct in the US. This is the same for all international guests not resident in the US. They must book for there regional office regardless of choice.

This effectivly means only US citizens have the option of Seabourn air from US gateways.

However! A supervisor (name protected) has requested my travel agent to via the Sydney office send him a request direct and he will fix something up for them.

But it did take me some persuading to get this result. I appealed to him in reference mum and dads age/winter in New York and their need to be in "Seabourns Care" for a smooth and easy transition to the ship. Especially as this is their first trip outside Australia.

I must say here, l think he was outstanding once he had the background and knew what l was trying to do.

He did say he thought the rule was self defeating, especially since they were both finding their own way to New York and were available from one of Seabourns "gateway air cities"

So now l will wait to see if he does come through and pulls this off.

Thanyou again Don,

Will keep you updated on the outcome.

Cheers,

Colin...................................

geez....I just gave up on getting any nice little "extras".......doesn't seem fair that ALL passengers don't get the same lurks and perks....after all us Aussies pay 10 times as much as anyone else anyway (although our dollar is a wee bit better now) just for an example...our next cruise in "round figures"...is $25,000US each.....in our money we are actually paying close to $32,000 each OUCH that hurts! and still get NO ONBOARD CREDITS or air fares! We booked onboard the Spirit.....so I would have thought we booked via the USA booking thingy....:(

GL: This may make you feel a bit better: Relatively speaking the price you are paying is an EXCELLENT value for the money! If you would equate Seabourn (72 days)!! at a hotel here in our area which would be perhaps the Breakers or Ritz Carlton the "average" price per day is about 700. sans food, in fact without ANYTHING including the breakfast which here is usually a separate charge. When you factor in the tipping, the taxes, the food, the this and that (and forget that you are just THERE) and not travelling about - then the cost for the luxury of the Seabourn is a pretty good deal. I would say some might think you a Lucky Ducky! Don't forget you are going in the highest season, not one where you could "negotiate" a lower price. Our hotels are l00% booked right now and I know for a fact that the Ritz since it is just re-habed is offering zilch in the way of discounts. That 400. that I keep reading about is smallish compared to the overall picture of things. Okay, where is the "mulga". R'

You're right that the per diem ends up being fair, however SB should at least give Granny (or anyone else on a 70+ day cruise) a generous laundry credit as a courtesy to her fellow passengers!:D

Slightly off topic, but I wonder when SB plans to replace those industrial washers in the laundromat??? They appear to be the original equipment (nearly 20 years old).

johnny

sorry GL, couldn't resist

Proper Lady......but but but the onboard credit could help pay for all the internet that I need to post in here!!:rolleyes:

We are going to be so poor after we pay for this trip, that we have to catch a train across the country! (just joking....actually really looking forward to the train part) Its just as well that we are only on the "po folks deck"

Our worst problem is the state of our dollar.....it is actually a bit better lately but by the law of averages, it will drop dramatically just as our final payment is due! :o

Johnnycruise.....I think you are right about the laundry credit....we are planning on taking a LOT LESS luggage with us next time.......do you think they may ask us to dine in our suite a lot?

Archived