Anyone cruised on the NCL Pride of Hawaii with kids?

MnAsMom

has anyone cruised this ship with kids? We'll have a 2 year old and a 6 year old! How is the kids club... did your children like enjoy it? Any suggestions on what kind of cabin would work best for a family of 4? Is early September a nice time for hawaii cruises in general?

Thanks

~Tondi

progress.gif

Did POAm with our 10YO.

Cabins on POAm are VERY small. Not certain if they are quite so tiny on POH. We had a balconey room with a fold out couch. when couch was folded out, could not get to balconey with out going over the folded out couch (you could disassemble it a bit for movement while no one was sleeping :) ). Yours seem very young so you MIGHT be able to have them sleep on the couch together, but I would not have put two 10YO on it - and definately not two adults! We did not spend much time in the cabin so it wasn't a big deal.

Kids program was very nice. DD really liked it. All female counselors - large program area. Several family programs during the cruise. DD only participated in evenings, and even then, we had two nights while 'in port' when she wanted to be with us on shore rather than in the club (not because she didn't like the club, but because she really liked HI!). You are in port much more often than on most other cruises so the kids program was not quite as important as it is on other cruises.

With the time zone difference, she was zonked out early and got up early.

POH cabins are small. I only have Disney cabins to compare them with. On Disney I was in a CAT 11 with a couch. We sailed inside cabin on POH and no couch. To me that couch made a BIG difference. In Hawaii I would get a porthole room or a balcony and I live here. I felt like I wanted to see some of the scenery and the sun while we were on board. Since you port every day you don't spend much time in your cabins so that's why I say a porthole is o.k.

Weather in Hawaii is beautiful all year round. We're freezing when it gets to 60 degrees. You may not like the humidity here. Sept. will usually be hot but not as hot as August. If you could come early Oct. the weather would be really nice. Watch for deals. I got a really good one...but of course all I had to do was drive to Aloha Tower and get onboard. Didn't have to deal with airfare.

Kids club was empty a lot of times and very sterile compared to Disney. I know it's no comparison. The counselors had unusual names like macaroni one was cheese. My daughter enjoyed it in there but my son didn't like it. Not much in there to absorb the sound. Felt like there was an echo in there. There was a big yellow slide that only opened at certain hours. This is the first time I was in a salt water pool. My kids didn't like it since we go to the beach for salt water. You'll have lots of time to go to beaches at port.

Archived