Balcony Cabins - Glory

reeses

I'm thinking about booking balcony cabin, 8D, on the Glory. It's on the Lido deck. Will there be a lot of noise because it's on the Lido deck? Anyone do this with 4 people in the cabin (myself, DH, DD (16), DS (13))? If we don't book the balcony then we would need to go with 2 inside cabins (can't afford one balcony, one inside). It sounds doable based on others' comments. Also, any advantages to being on one side of ship over the other side? Thanks.

Hi,

We're doing this in a couple of weeks we have a cat. 6 balcony for our family. My kids are about the same age, 11 and 16. The sofa turns into a double bed and there is a bunk above it. You should be all set. We had a similiar set up on a Celebirty Cruise a few years back, there were two bunks in that cabin. I think the sofa turning into a bed is a better option.

Thanks for the reassurance. I thought it would be manageable for 4 people. I like the idea of everyone being in the same room, my husband likes the idea of a balcony, especially with 3 sea days. We have the option of booking cat. 8D or a balcony guarantee cabin (same price) - I think we should go with the 8D since it is a July sailing and don't think we would get an upgrade better than 8D.

Anyone stay on the Lido deck?

We have stayed on the Lido deck on the Glory............1st time in cabin 9205,(it was wonderful), second time in 9246. There are sliding doors to the pools and buffet, etc., so no problem with noise. It was nice to be so close to the "main happenings" during the day. She's a beautiful ship, enjoy your cruise !!!

We've always had 4 people to a balcony room...including the Glory a few years ago. Never was a problem, but I have boys and they don't do the 'bathroom' thing that girls do. Your family would be fine!

As for having a cabin on the Lido Deck --- WOW! I couldn't imagine a better place to be!

Have fun!

Thanks Nauticlue.

We thinks it's a good location - but then again, maybe a little to close to the buffet and ice cream station!

My pleasure, and as far as the ice cream / buffet goes, just walk up and down the stairs when you go to the dining room for dinner, that will work it off !!! Enjoy !

Archived