Captain's Quarters on QM2

seebaer

Hello!

Does anyone know, where the captain's quarters are located on QM2? There doesn't seem to be space on the upper decks. Is it on deck 1 or 2? Or even lower? Are there living quarters below deck 1? Or just the engine?

Curious,

seebaer

Hello!

Does anyone know, where the captain's quarters are located on QM2? There doesn't seem to be space on the upper decks. Is it on deck 1 or 2? Or even lower? Are there living quarters below deck 1? Or just the engine?

Curious,

seebaer

It would be a few steps from the Bridge. Same as QE2.

Matthew

The Captain's quarters are right aft of the bridge. They are comfortable but not terribly impressive. QUEEN VICTORIA will have much larger and more luxurious ones.

Most of the crew live down below Deck 2. And yes, there are decks below Deck 1. As I recall, below that they start with letters, from A down to...???

The Captain's quarters are right aft of the bridge. They are comfortable but not terribly impressive. QUEEN VICTORIA will have much larger and more luxurious ones.

Most of the crew live down below Deck 2. And yes, there are decks below Deck 1. As I recall, below that they start with letters, from A down to...???

Doug

My understanding is. Double bottom, Deck B, Deck A (all three crew only) Deck 1 (mostly crew, some passenger areas), Decks 2 -13 Passenger (with crew areas of course).

Deck B, crew pub, cinema and gym. Aft on this deck, stores, forward - laundry.

Deck A, crew accomodation.

Deck 1, forward - crew accom. Port side amidships - crew galley. Also crew, staff and officers messes close by. Plus "Pig and Whistle" Pub. Officers accom forward. Four Tender embarkation areas. Hospital. Officers wardroom. Aft is all food stores and preparation rooms.

Above that, we all know about!

There are senior officers cabins on deck 11 (aft of the Atlantic Room) and above, the Captain's Cabin.

After a shore trip this summer in the Mediterranean a small group of us were standing on shore waiting to reboard Queen Mary 2. I was standing next to a very nice, but very quiet youngish woman. Being the gregarious sort that I am, I asked where she was from. She smiled and announced she was from Austrailia originally but now she calls Queen Mary 2 her home since her husband was the Captain. I asked where she lived and she pointed up toward the bridge and said their quarters were adjacent so husband could be handy if they needed to change a tire or the oil. She thinks they will join the Queen Victoria as second in command on the maiden voyage when she stops in Austrailia.

Archived