style of the Fantasy-class vessels in addition to providing guests with new

and exciting shipboard amenities.

"The Fantasy-class vessels are the most successful series of cruise

ships ever introduced, as well as the industry leader in three- to five-day

vacations, carrying nearly 1.6 million guests annually," said Bob

Dickinson, Carnival president and CEO. "'Evolutions of Fun' represents a

multi-million- dollar investment designed to build upon these vessels'

tremendous appeal with vacationers by incorporating a host of new and

exciting facilities and features," he added.

The expanded outdoor recreation areas will initially be incorporated

onto the 2,052-passenger Inspiration and Imagination during upcoming

month-long dry docks this fall and added to other "Fantasy-class" ships in

2008 and 2009 during scheduled drydock periods.

The updated pool and deck areas on the Inspiration and Imagination are just one component of extensive ship-wide refurbishments to these vesselsthat initially began in 2005 and include renovations to virtually everyguest area. Among the new features are fully remodeled staterooms andsuites including new bathrooms, flat-screen televisions in staterooms and select public areas, atrium lobby bars, updated sound and lighting systems in various lounges and clubs, coffee bars, nine-hole miniature golf

courses, new art and photo galleries, New York-style delis in the Lido

restaurants, and purpose-built conference facilities.

More Family-Friendly Areas, Updated Spas, Entertainment Venues

With Carnival expected to carry a record 575,000 kids this year,

particular emphasis is being placed on family friendly amenities, with new

and expanded play areas, part of the line's top-rated "Camp Carnival"

program, and new facilities for the "Club O2" teen program. Custom-designed spaces geared toward 12- to 14-year olds are also planned and more than 50 interconnecting staterooms are being added to several Fantasy-class ships -perfect for large families or family gatherings.

The "Evolutions of Fun" initiative is also responding to the changing

needs of health-conscious consumers with a complete overhaul of

12,000-square- foot spa facilities. The spa makeovers include new private

treatment rooms, state-of-the art exercise equipment and a host of cosmetic enhancements.

The addition of new sound and lighting systems in the main show loungestakes Carnival's legendary revues to another level, with several new dazzling productions that make maximum use of video projections,

pyrotechnics, lasers and elaborate sets and costumes.

Fantasy-class Fleet Makeovers Well Underway

Many aspects of the "Evolutions of Fun" enhancements have already beencompleted on the Fantasy, Ecstasy and Fascination and partially executed on the Sensation, Elation and Paradise. By 2009, the entire Fantasy-classfleet will be completed including the fabulous new transformation of open deck areas.

Other upgrades, incorporated fleetwide, include the Carnival Comfort

Bed sleep system, with plush mattresses, luxurious duvets and high-quality

linens and pillows, a variety of cuisine enhancements, as well as "Wi-Fi"

Internet access in virtually all public areas, and cellular phone service.

"Carnival has always recognized the need to be a pacesetter in the

overall vacation industry. With our extensive research in consumer vacation preferences, we're able to anticipate vacation trends and tailor our product to the needs and desires of our guests, who are the driving force behind this initiative," Dickinson said. "'Evolutions of Fun' is just the

latest example of our commitment to guest satisfaction and our continued

efforts at making the 'Fun Ship' vacation experience the best it can be,"

he added.

Carnival is the world's most popular cruise line with a fleet of 22

"Fun Ships" operating voyages ranging from three to 16 days in length to

the Bahamas, Caribbean, Mexican Riviera, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, New

England, Bermuda, Europe and the Greek Isles.

The line currently has three new ships on order - the 112,000-ton

Carnival Splendor, scheduled to enter service in July 2008; and the

130,000-ton Carnival Dream and Carnival Magic - to be the largest "Fun

Ships" ever constructed scheduled for delivery in October 2009 and June

2011, respectively.

great news!! LOVE the idea of Adults only deck, just hope they don't slack at let kids in. I would definitly book w/ Carnival if I was guaranteed a whole deck - kid free! Now if they could only do something like that in Disney :D

OK, please explain...

Many aspects of the "Evolutions of Fun" enhancements have already been completed on the Fantasy, Ecstasy and Fascination and partially executed on the Sensation, Elation and Paradise.

So what changes were made on the Elation (just the mini golf as far as I could tell in December). And next we will be on Sensation in August. What updates was I missing on Elation?

OK, please explain...

Many aspects of the "Evolutions of Fun" enhancements have already been completed on the Fantasy, Ecstasy and Fascination and partially executed on the Sensation, Elation and Paradise.

So what changes were made on the Elation (just the mini golf as far as I could tell in December). And next we will be on Sensation in August. What updates was I missing on Elation?

they have to be going back in to dry dock b/c th article date was 3/29, and even after the mini-golf re-furbs, there still is no water park.

OK, please explain...

New beds, Club O-2, ....

Great news to hear, since my own 19-month ankle biter will be cruising with us as soon as he's potty trained. I like the idea of the water park, maybe it'll keep the kids out of trouble a little better.

And an adults-only area? Heaven!! Thanks for sharing!

oh come meredith -- you know you can take your 19 month old in the pools and the hot tub w/ a swim diaper on. you don't have to wait. just read the threads...it's okay LMAO:D :p

Great news to hear, since my own 19-month ankle biter will be cruising with us as soon as he's potty trained. I like the idea of the water park, maybe it'll keep the kids out of trouble a little better.

And an adults-only area? Heaven!! Thanks for sharing!

Who's gonna be with Ryan at the water park whilst you and hubby are at the adult area? Les or Mike?

I hope they enforce the adult areas, I was just on the Ecstasy and you couldn't sit in the adults only hot tub to save your life. I thought about grabbing a Carnival employee but decided not to.....would have loved to sit in one, but I was trying to have a stress free week. :)

I hope they enforce the adult areas, I was just on the Ecstasy and you couldn't sit in the adults only hot tub to save your life. I thought about grabbing a Carnival employee but decided not to.....would have loved to sit in one, but I was trying to have a stress free week. :)

If you don't complain, security is just going to assume you don't mind.

"Serenity" adults only deck area. they don't elaborate on this. bet it has some kind of garden w/ water (fountain) feature or something, b/c isn't that what they said they'd be putting in Splendor? of course they need a bar. i hope they do realize that.

"Serenity" adults only deck area. they don't elaborate on this. bet it has some kind of garden w/ water (fountain) feature or something, b/c isn't that what they said they'd be putting in Splendor? of course they need a bar. i hope they do realize that.

Carnival is pretty good at placing bars all over their ships, so Im sure they wont forget.:p

Archived