Sending mail home

SeaScout

Greetings all. We will be on the Triumph in a couple of weeks on an eastern carribean itinerary. I would like to send some mail back home from St. Thomas. Is anyone able to fill me in on how this would work. I realize that this is a US territory. Do normal USPS postage rates and stamps apply? Anybody know if there is a conveinent mailbox close to the docks? I would like the letter to have a USVI postmark on it. I believe I can mail a letter through the pursors office but I'm not sure of WHERE the letter actually gets mailed from when this is done. (I don't want a Miami postmark or carnival logos on the letters).

Thanks for any assistance.

BTW, are there any 17 yr olds going on the cruise leaving on Aug 13th? My son will be looking for someone to hang out with.

I went to Carnivals website to check their postage policy. The website states that they will only mail postcards from the letter drop near the pursors office. They will not mail letters or packages. That means I will have to use a post office or mailbox on the island itself. (I have letters to mail). Any info on a mailbox or post office close to the port would be appreciated. We don't have plans to go into town while in port (we'll be taking the Red Hook ferry to St. Johns for the day). Can I use regular USPS stamps?

RE: our sailing date. We'll be on the triumph leaving on the 14th not the 13th as stated earlier. (I guess i'm getting a little anxious to leave).

Guest nhrich

SeaScout, I think there's a post office right near where the ferry gets in on St. John. Maybe you could mail them from there. The USVI is part of the regular US postal system, so regular stamps should work.

Rich

Archived