Compass rewards points problem

patar

I just called Bank of America to find out how many points I have as I knew I was close to 500 and wanted to redeem them. I was told I had 0 ponts for my last statement(I should have earned 111 points) as I have gone over my cap for the 12 month period. I did not go over my cap and the customer rep agreed with me from what she could see. I now have to wait 7-10 days while the research dept looks at my account. Has anyone else had this problem and if so was it resolved in your favor? Also, do you have the name of a rep that helped you? Thanks for any help you can give me!

Pat

This happened to me, but it was a combination of problems.

I have four accounts. I called because I suspected one account had a little bit of a different time period of a 12 month cycle. The account rep assured me that it worked just like my other three. I took his name, date and time that I talked to him. Then, I just kept charging based on his answer. Two months later my next statement arrived and I did not receive any points. I called and escalated to a supervisor. The supervisor was initially not helpful. However, when I continued to discuss the date, time and person that misdirected me as well as talking about closing my accounts, she became more helpful. We settled on a credit which turned out to be 60% of the points that I should have received. She could not give me the points, but simply gave me a cash credit on my statement. That was acceptable to me.

Lesson learned... trust my own documentation on how my four accounts work. After this, I set up an excel spreadsheet where I track my points earned so that I always know when to stop using a particular account.

Archived