Camp Carnival - Can parents stay for all activities?

thelland

We are sailing on the Conquest in May. Was wondering if there is a certain activity at Camp Carnival if I can stay with my child or do they not allow adults in camp carnival? -- I know I can do the family camp carnival stuff but how about the stuff that doesn't require parents to be there?

Two Reasons:

#1: I am considering this a family vacation and sending my daughter off to be cared by someone else to enjoy the fun she has is not my idea of a family vacation. If I can enjoy her type of activities with her that is what makes memories.

#2: We took our daughter on a Disney Cruise 3 years ago and the children's play area was chaotic. There was nothing terribly organized and believe it or not the one time I obsreved something oragnized it was one person doing a quiz show for 80+ 3-5 year olds. Many were bored and it is impossible for one person to keep that many 3-5 y/o that busy. Therefore. previous experience makes me skeptical that these cruise ship kids workers know the best way to entertain a bunch of kids to ensure the children are getting their money's worth on the cruise as well.

I sailed the Conquest last year and wondered the EXACT same thing before I went. You can tour the camp carnival area on the first night. Then, you drop off and pick up from the outside of a half door from then on...so no, you do not go inside. In hindsight, it is probably better for my child that someone else's "mommy" doesn't stay...so that I don't get the request EVERY time I drop off as well. Anyway, you can look in at all times through the half door and it is very safe. I was amazed at how wonderful Camp Carnival was...my kids loved it.

I just noticed your posting (we were posting at the same time) and thought you would want to know that on Disney they kind of seemed to just rely on the room to entertain the kids...which didn't seem to work. Where, at Camp Carnival, they were CONSISTENTLY doing a new and fun activity with the kids. My kids were 3 and 5 at the time and I have not one single complaint about the program...they were amazing. I tell people all the time that it was my best family vacation EVER. If I go somewher w/o the kids, I feel a little sad and guilty that they are not there. Yet, if I go with the kids I just wish I had some time to myself. With the Camp program, my kids BEGGED to go to camp, yet we had PLENTY of together time too. You will LOVE it! If you have young kids, my best advice...bring make up remover wipes...their little faces will be painted often and I was SOOO grateful that I had thrown some makeup wipes in.

I'm with you only "family vacations". However, I plan on small amounts of camp carnival. Maybe an hour here and there. If things go well and she likes it(and I will be checking up on her!) then we will decide if she will go for longer than that. I will say ony my 1st cruise my oldest was 6, and she LOVED camp carnival. She did miss being with her older sibling, so she didn't stay that often, but the few times she went they did a very good job of keeping things organized and safe! Oh, and they used to make you take your kids with you for all meals. I still plan on doing that regardless.

Some parents post with questions and an attitude of (mind you, you can't hear tone of voice) this is my vacation too!!

On our family vacation with 3 nieces and a nephew their attitude was "but it's our vacation too". The little ones (ages 5 to 8) could not wait to go to Camp. They loved the activities, the other kids, the staff, everything. They couldn't wait for dinner to be over so they could go play. They weren't interested in the shows but they loved playing games and coloring and visits from Funship Freddy. They loved the late night activities. One night we had to take them, crying at 10 p.m. because THEY wanted to stay out.

They do have a "build a stuffed animal" workshop one day that you can do with your child and there is some open play time. You will also have "family" time in ports. And there is always pool time.

Your kids can eat at the camp for dinner if they want. My son prefers eating with his new buddies than a 2 hour formal dinner.He started when he was 5 and is now 8 and asks daily how many days we have left. They have more staff and Disney by the sound of it, and switch activities often and really get invlolved with the kids.

They do not allow parents to stay unless it is a family activity

Archived