NCL's Mediterranean Itineraries - opinions wanted

Greetings all. While already booked for this year, I am thinking ahead to 2008. I'm very interested in doing a cruise in the Mediterranean.

I would love to hear from those of you who have chosen NCL for this trip. Positives, negatives, etc....all comments will be welcome.

Regarding ports, my focus is on a Western Med itinerary. Florence, Rome, Napoli, Venice are all musts, along with Spain and France.

And, if any of you out there have this answer - when will NCL be posting their 2008 Europe itineraries?

Thanks in advance for responding.

Ciao,

W A W W

We, family of four, were on the Jewel last August. While we didn't visit Venice or Florence, we did visit Sicily, Capri, Naples, Rome, Pisa & Lucca, Nice (Vence), and Barcelona. It's a port intensive seven days, as they say. Your up and out early. I am a big fan of NCL, so I have nothing negative to report about the cruiseline, ship, itinerary, cabin or food. We had a great time for the entire week. Perhaps someone else will write a different opinion...and there are other posts that offer just that.

Most of the times, Venice is not in the West itinerary.

This year, even as last year, Norwegian Jewel will do some tours from Istanbul to Barcelona or v.v. via Izmir, Pireaus(Athens), Dubrovnik, Venice, Naples, Civitavecchia(Rome).

This way you can do part of both East and West Med. Allbeit only North side.

Other beatifull part is from Athens to Istanbul via all these wonderfull Greece Islands like Corfu, Mykonos, Santorini, Crete, and even go to Alexandria/Cairo.

Henri.

Archived