Balcony cabins on Carnival Valor

Orcrone

I'm going to be cruising with my brother on the Valor in a balcony cabin and had some questions regarding the cabins in the rear of the ship.

1. On the Upper deck are four L-shaped cabins, 6442, 6450, 6473, 6481 with balconies that are about twice the width of other cabins. How is the layout in these cabins compared with regular balcony cabins?
  2. It also appears these cabins wrap around something (stairs, perhaps). Does anyone know what it wraps around and whether it's a problem.
  3. On the Upper and Verandah decks are rear facing balcony cabins with verandahs that are double depth. I'm not worried about the privacy issue as I'm cruising with my brother. Any disadvantages to these cabins?
  4. The rear cabins on the Verandah deck are right below the pool area. Does this get noisy?

Thanks in advance for any help.

I just had 6450 on Conquest, same class of ship, & loved it. No stairs, cabin is just designed different. Balcony is about twice the length of a regular balcony. Loved it. Sunsets at sailaway were great. Had a shared foyer with 6452 (wraparound). Friends next door so we had balcony divider opened & had a HUGE balcony. :D

If any of those are available....jump on it. I would love to have any of those you listed.

I just had 6250 on Conquest, same class of ship, & loved it. No stairs, cabin is just designed different. Balcony is about twice the length of a regular balcony. Loved it. Sunsets at sailaway were great. Had a shared foyer with 6452 (wraparound). Friends next door so we had balcony divider opened & had a HUGE balcony. :D

If any of those are available....jump on it. I would love to have any of those you listed.

Thanks Brenda. 6250 on Valor is an inside cabin. Did you mean 6450?

Glad you asked about that. We are booked in room 6481 on the Valor in August and I was concerned about the location and if the stairwell that seems to be next to the room is noisy or a problem. Isn't there a lounge above the room as well? I hope it is not a poor location because I am definitely looking forward to that large balcony!

The "L-shaped" balcony rooms are great. I know on deck 7 and 8 though, they have no sofa.

As far as the aft facing balconies are concerned, the only con other than privacy would be that the ship tends to vibrate a little more in the back... sometimes more noticeable than others.

I would avoid the aft facing balconies on deck 8, because the noise from Lido above will be considerable.

Had cabin 6458 on the Valor.Last Nov.2006. Was out standing. The only thing I did not like was the slopping rail.

Being over the Eagles Lounge we thought that there would be a noise problem but to our surprise There was none.

The only problem was in Costa Maya where two guys tried to climb up from the Eagles Lounge to the Lido deck. They got detain at our bal. by security.What fun.

We did not see any sute from the funnels, Got one (full:eek: ) glass from the cabin above us Had more than enougth room to store all our items.

Cabin was easy to find being a Aft cabin:rolleyes:

Paul

has anyone had 7439,above the ones on 6 you are talking about. the cabins actually look bigger than the ones on 6. we booked this for our 10/21/97 cruise and can;t wait:cool:

The L-shaped cabins are about the same as a regular cabin, the thin part of the L is a hall to get into the cabin, the balcony is very privateand about twice the size of a regular balcony.

The stairs are for Muster & staff only, we only heard the door to the stairwell closing a few times.

There is a night blub right below your cabin but you really can't hear it unless you are out in the hall.

The aft cabins on the Verandah deck can get noisy from the pool deck about and the noise can last all night.

Archived