Dawn cruise cancelled

Royalco

thanks NCL_Cruiser. I am on with my TA right now. Let's see if this works this time. TA is calling NCL as I type here.

I will update this message after she gets back to me.

Edit: No dice. NCL told my TA that I still cannot rebook. I am going to try to call them myself.

Ok, so I called NCL directly and just told them I wanted to place a hold on a cabin for the date I wanted to reschedule for, didn't mention I had a canceled booking. That way, if Tuesday rolls around and I dont get rescheduled in time and the cruise I want is booked up or they jack up the pricing, I will be booked at worst for what I was already paying, and then have my 25% credit applied or saved for the future as well.

Important Norwegian Dawn Information

A two-night Memorial Day weekend cruise has been added to Norwegian Dawn's schedule prior to entering dry dock. The cruise will depart on Saturday, May 26 round trip from New York. The special Memorial Day weekend cruise will go on sale on Wednesday, April 4.

This sounds interesting. I wonder how much it will be? Perhaps the cost of the original cruise?

Sorry...was looking forward to a Yankees - Red Sox gathering Friday night. We're in a similar situation, as my wife has a bunch of business trips coming up and the 26th was one of very few weeks that worked for both of us. I'm trying to get on the 5/19 Spirit (also out of NYC). Fingers crossed, for all of us.

As far as the re-booking, I'd assume the 25% credit (which is good until June 2008 BTW) is the "I'm Sorry." The recorded message I got said something about emails with special offers too...not sure what that means.

On the NCL web site there is a special message re: this cancelled cruise.

On it is listed the "special offers" which lists some cruises where you can get $25.00 on board credit. None of these are good for me. You have do one of the specified cruises to qualify for this. :rolleyes:

I thought this was interesting.

You dont get your money back for 10 days.

If you book the spirit for 6/2 you have to pay in full right NOW. They wont apply your credit to the new booking until you get the credit later.

So you in effect have to pay twice up front.;)

i got rebooked finally. for Dawn 6/9 now (hopefully the drydock goes smoothly) got same room for same rate, now with the 25% off i am basically getting the same cruise for a quarter less (and a week later, no biggie).

I'm satisfied with that outcome. More to spend onboard and in port ! :D

Since we were canceled 12/30 on the Majesty and NCL offered 50% off ther next booking, we booked for 6/2. we haven't technically taken that cruise so the 50% offer should still apply. right?

(margeg) I talked to my PCC at NCL she has put a cabin on hold for us until Tuesday she did not mention anything about paying for it now.We are going on the 6/2 Spirit if that is when you want to go you should call someone tomorrow.She said they will know more on Monday how this is going to work,but last time I looked this cruise is booking up fast.

I'm sorry to say that NONE of the NCL sailings worked for me, so I booked the Carnival Miracle leaving on May 27th, for 8 days. I had to pay up front, which sucked because of course we're not getting the refund for 10 business days.

Sorry NCL...guess I'll have to try some other time when I have a more open schedule

I'm sorry to say that NONE of the NCL sailings worked for me, so I booked the Carnival Miracle leaving on May 27th, for 8 days. I had to pay up front, which sucked because of course we're not getting the refund for 10 business days.

Sorry NCL...guess I'll have to try some other time when I have a more open schedule

Enjoy, and good luck with the engagement. We were looking at that one too, but coming back on Monday the 4th was tough for us. Friends of ours did your itinerary on another Carnival ship last year for their honeymoon and loved it...on the bright side, you've already got another vacation set up.

Our TA was able to hold a cabin on the 5/19 Spirit sailing until Monday for us...he called NCL and was told we could put a deposit down today - he recommended the hold in hope that they'd have things straightened out by Monday in terms of how the whole re-booking is going to work.

hey, where all are the naysayers that said it was impossible to drydock this ship before september, something about scheduling and not having a specfic part sitting on a shelve somewhere my pcc assured me of no worry and we just changed from june 23 to june 16 so those two sailings are available for those without restrictive schedules.

hey, where all are the naysayers that said it was impossible to drydock this ship before september, something about scheduling and not having a specfic part sitting on a shelve somewhere my pcc assured me of no worry and we just changed from june 23 to june 16 so those two sailings are available for those without restrictive schedules.

there seem to be quite a few NCL apologists around, but I wonder how quickly their tune might change if they were faced with some of the circumstances others affected by the Dawn cancellation have brought up. (i.e. being asked to pay more to rebook, having schedule difficulties, engagement plans etc..)

there seem to be quite a few NCL apologists around, but I wonder how quickly their tune might change if they were faced with some of the circumstances others affected by the Dawn cancellation have brought up. (i.e. being asked to pay more to rebook, having schedule difficulties, engagement plans etc..)

I've been stuck in airports with cancelled flights before.

I've been left stranded at a railway station with cancelled trains before.

I've been stewing on a hot broken down bus before, waiting for a replacement.

Cancellations and mechanical breakdowns are a part of traveling, it doesn't matter which form you're using.

NCL has publically apologized, No one is doing so for them.

They offered a full refund for the cost of your cancelled cruise.

They have offered 25% of the fare of your cancelled cruise as credits to use on a future cruise.

They did not offer you a free cruise anytime and anywhere.

It's up to you use use the 25% credits the best way you can.

Cruise fares have dynamic pricing.

Fares recently have been rising, but these fares can fall in the future.

Keep that in mind when rebooking a cruise.

...there seem to be quite a few NCL apologists...

I have been thinking about this. I used the term "apologist" earlier as well. Maybe that isn't the right word. Cheerleader or kool-aid drinker might be a better word.

As I said in a previous post in another thread, this incident and the threads generated by it show us who around here is level headed and who is an NCL "apologist" (or cheerleader or kool-aid drinker). You pretty much could tell who they were before these posts and threads but all of this just reinforces it.

I swear, there could be video floating around of Colin Veitch throwing passengers overboard at gunpoint while laughing and some of the people here would somehow come up with reasons why NCL isn't to blame and how the passengers should just deal with it and it was the passengers fault.

I have been thinking about this. I used the term "apologist" earlier as well. Maybe that isn't the right word. Cheerleader or kool-aid drinker might be a better word.

As I said in a previous post in another thread, this incident and the threads generated by it show us who around here is level headed and who is an NCL "apologist" (or cheerleader or kool-aid drinker). You pretty much could tell who they were before these posts and threads but all of this just reinforces it.

I swear, there could be video floating around of Colin Veitch throwing passengers overboard at gunpoint while laughing and some of the people here would somehow come up with reasons why NCL isn't to blame and how the passengers should just deal with it and it was the passengers fault.

There have been a few passengers that I would have helped Colin throw overboard :D :D :D

There have been a few passengers that I would have helped Colin throw overboard :D :D :D

Yeah, me too. On one cruise they were in the group I was traveling with......oops, did I just say that. :p

Maybe the passengers being thrown overboard example was a bad one (since the more I think about it, it could be a good thing depending on who it is). But I think you know what I mean.

You assume that none of us not on the affected cruises have never had a travel difficulty. And you should be careful with the names you call other people. You calling members here apologists for their comments is the same as them calling you a whiner. Name calling is name calling.
So the people that think NCL is doing the right thing are the same people that would follow a cult leader then drink the poison and die? How about not calling anyone a name. Would you like it if someone called you an irrational whiner? Probably not but as I said, name calling is name calling.
Oh...because people disagree with you they're not level headed. So now we're making judgments about other people's intellect. Maybe you're not level headed? See how that goes both ways?
And there will always be the people that blame NCL for the temperature of the water their being thrown into.

How about we stick to making comments about the situation and stop attacking others that don't agree with you?

You assume that none of us not on the affected cruises have never had a travel difficulty. And you should be careful with the names you call other people. You calling members here apologists for their comments is the same as them calling you a whiner. Name calling is name calling. So the people that think NCL is doing the right thing are the same people that would follow a cult leader then drink the poison and die? How about not calling anyone a name. Would you like it if someone called you an irrational whiner? Probably not but as I said, name calling is name calling. Oh...because people disagree with you they're not level headed. So now we're making judgments about other people's intellect. Maybe you're not level headed? See how that goes both ways? And there will always be the people that blame NCL for the temperature of the water their being thrown into.

How about we stick to making comments about the situation and stop attacking others that don't agree with you?

:D......

:D......
I should have been more clear...I wasn't saying that just you shouldn't attack people. I meant in general that we can have a conversation without calling people names. The discussion breaks down once you point a finger at someone. But I didn't mean that to you specifically.

Archived