Fashion advice needed

Hi,

I will be cruising "below the equator" from Oct. 26 to Nov. 14, 2007 on HAL's Asia, Australia and Polynesia 64-day cruise. When is it okay to wear white pants or shoes? Don't want another fashion faux pas like on the Today show. LOL What is the weather like at that time for Darwin, Cairns or Sydney? Thanks

Hi,

I will be cruising "below the equator" from Oct. 26 to Nov. 14, 2007 on HAL's Asia, Australia and Polynesia 64-day cruise. When is it okay to wear white pants or shoes? Don't want another fashion faux pas like on the Today show. LOL What is the weather like at that time for Darwin, Cairns or Sydney? Thanks

If you want to wear whites, wear them!

I don't think the southern hemisphere has any hard and fast rules. It's more a case of: If theweather is warm, wear summer-type clothes.

What is the weather like at that time for Darwin, Cairns or Sydney? Thanks

That time of year is the change of season in most of Australia, however it varies depending on location. Darwin and Cairns are in the tropics and have two seasons every year - "wet" and "dry". The wet season is hot and humid, with thunderstorms and the possibility of cyclones (our version of your hurricanes except they rotate in the opposite direction). The dry season is warm with low himidity and no rain. So the time you are travelling is the transition between dry and wet seasons, which in my opinion brings on some of the most spectacular weather patterns in the tropis (I've lived in both Cairns and Darwin - and Sydney for that matter). You are likely to see the start of summer storms and the beginning of very humid weather, but certainly not as hot and humid as it gets between December and February. You most likely won't see any cyclones (which is a good thing). The cyclone season really doesn't start until December.

Sydney has the traditional 4 seasons - summer, autumn (your "fall"), winter and spring. The time you are travelling there is late spring. the weather will be warming up but night time temperatures will be cool. It won't be any where near as humid in Sydney at that time of year as it will be in Cairns and Darwin.

Enjoy your time "downunder".

White (especially loose clothing) is excellent for the tropical heat of Darwin and Cairns. This a month before the wet season starts so it will also be humid. Sydney will be much more comfortable temperature and humidity wise.I don't think many Australians look too closely at what you are wearing.Enjoy your holiday and wear what's comfortable and what you like.

Cheers,

Kinkacruiser

we have no hard and fast rules regarding white, except maybe for a guest to wear white at wedding.

you will find we are very relaxed about dress especially around the touristy beach area.

wear what you like and please do not worry about other peoples ideas, just have fun especially as you have come so far .

hope you enjoy your stay

karon

• 1 month later...
I look pretty good in my white mesh shirt, matching leather pants and gold jewelry. :p

this is no good without photos.:p

do you wear this emsemble with white boots or thongs (flipflops) my goodness the though of the other type of thong and this ....well i think the visual is not needed!!!:D

this is no good without photos.:p

do you wear this emsemble with white boots or thongs (flipflops) my goodness the though of the other type of thong and this ....well i think the visual is not needed!!!:D

I set it off with a nice pair of Dunlop Volleys. My mullet is starting to grow out nicely too.

Archived