D-Day Museum

ctcruisers2005

My son and I went on June 6 a coupla years ago (not really thinking about it being an anniversary date), so we were involved in the festivities!

It was absolutely amazing! The museum is so well done, and is on two levels (there are stairs and elevator). There are several different areas, and it took us about two hours to see everything. I just can't describe it, but they have so much to look at, videos if you care to see some, planes, uniforms, guns & ammo, many large photos.

My son was so interested, it took me forever to get him out of there! Since my dad was in WWII, I was reminded of photos of him in uniform.

A wonderful way to spend some time in N.O. I believe the entry fee was $10pp, and well worth it.

ctcruisers2005,

The D-Day Museum is just incredible.

I would allow at least 2-3 hours. It has a videos, photos, vignettes, etc. There's a lot to see.

I don't know where you're from, but they are running a Louisiana resident half-off admission special through 9/30/04. And I'm not totally sure on this, but I think they may offer reduced or even free admission for veterans.

www.ddaymuseum.org

• 5 weeks later...

I just visited last Wednesday. It was very impressive. Bring a sweater or jacket, as the air conditioning was pumped sky-high. It was off the beaten tourist path, but our hotel shuttle made stops there, so it worked out perfectly for us. Emeril's restaurant was a couple of blocks away. The cost was $14 for adults, $8 for students and seniors.

Archived