Anybody know rough taxi fares in Honolulu

legospice

Aloha everyone,

I have a few questions that im hoping you guys will help me out with to help me with my day in Honolulu. Our ship doesnt get in until 1030 so first place we have to go is the Arizona, we realise that there might not be tickets left at that time but we will give it a try anyway and have a look round the visitors centre. Then i have to go to the Hard Rock (need that shot glass), then down to Waikiki beach for a bit of people watching + shopping, then back to the ship.

We are looking into taxi fares (we dont drive), from cruise ship to the Arizona, then later on down to the Hard Rock. Anyone any rough ideas as how much to expect?

OR

I read the #20 bus might be an idea for getting from the Arizona down to the Hard Rock. Anyone know where the bus stop is and how far it is from the Arizona? And how far the Hard rock is from Waikiki, is it walkable/safe to walk.

Is #20 bus viable to get back to ship.

Any info or ideas anyone can give me would be fantastic and would help me out no end.

Thanks

Donna

Donna -

The bus stop is very close to the Arizona. We walked from the Arizona to the Aloha Stadium Swap Meet and will never do that again, but we walked out of the Arizona Memorial area and went right past the bus stop. Don't know their schedule or how often they run, but it is easy walking distance (and this is from someone who doesn't do that much walking).

Also VIP and other shuttle buses are lined up and ready to go back to Wakiki at the memorial and also from the swap meet. When we were there they seemed to have a lot of vacancies and were taking people without reservations.

We found it very easy to get from our Waikiki hotel to the Arizona Memorial. We could have caught the bus right in front of our hotel by the Hilton Hawaiian Village, but wanted to walk a ways for exercise, so walked a mile or so before catching the bus the rest of the way to the Arizona Memorial. It was easy to get back and they give you one free transfer with each bus ticket purchase, so after we had lunch and cleaned up a bit we used that transfer to go see Diamond Head and climb it (phew!!)! The transfers are good up to two hours after purchase. A very inexpensive and great day.

Archived