Princess Air. I know it's a bit more expensive, but are there times it's worth it?

A Sixth?

NOTE TO SELF:

1. Always take my Passport.

2. Always buy Insurance (and take the Policy with me).

3. Always customize my cruise air & fly direct (if possible). I have to research flights myself.

4. Customize the air immediately after booking the cruise.

5. Fly in the day before the cruise & stay a day after the cruise.

NOTE TO SELF:

1. Always take my Passport.

2. Always buy Insurance (and take the Policy with me).

3. Always customize my cruise air & fly direct (if possible). I have to research flights myself.

4. Customize the air immediately after booking the cruise.

5. Fly in the day before the cruise & stay a day after the cruise.

Why do you include "stay a day after the cruise"?

Personally I would never buy air from the cruiselines. It's way overpriced, and if there is a delay due to weather, you can still use your ticket on the next available flight on ANY airline regardless of whether you booked yourself or not.

There isn't enough control when you book through the cruiseline...I like to know exactly when I'm laving, where I'm leaving from, and where my connection is (even though I always try to do a non-stop, another thing you can't guarantee with cruise-air).

There isn't enough control when you book through the cruiseline...I like to know exactly when I'm laving, where I'm leaving from, and where my connection is (even though I always try to do a non-stop, another thing you can't guarantee with cruise-air).

If you pay the air deviation fee there is control. We have our flight time, our seat assignment, nonstop, etc. We told them when we wanted to leave, etc. just as if we had booked it ourselves. If we have to cancel the cruise for a valid reason, since we have the travel insurance, we won't have to pay $100 per ticket for use on another flight nor will we have to use the air ticket within a year. Even with the air deviation fee, our flight price was close to what we would have gotten had we booked it on our own. DH and I are all about saving money too but we are also willing to pay a little extra for convenience and Princess Air is very convenient for us.

Personally I would never buy air from the cruiselines. It's way overpriced, and if there is a delay due to weather, you can still use your ticket on the next available flight on ANY airline regardless of whether you booked yourself or not.
This is too general a statement. For instance, how many flights a day are there to Manaus? What about flights to Europe or the Far East? Flights don't just leave every hour. And how do explain that last summer, when I did my research, it was $150/pp cheaper to book with Princess than book on my own for R/T flights to Heathrow? I have never heard of being able to take a Delta ticket and go over to AA check-in and expect to be put on their next flight without paying something. How does that work?

Archived