Panama Canal Cruise

LaPaloma

We did the Canal cruise on the Sea Goddess several years ago. The route was nothing like the one offered by Seabourn--it has been one of our favorite cruises. We are interested in Seabourn's canal trip--it offer a bunch of stops we have never been to. Any comments from people that have made this cruise would be appreciated--we know about the canal passage, and loved it, but nothing about the stops along the Central American coast. Thanks in advance Don

As you know, I adored the PC trip this year from LA to FLL. It was a great mix of sea days and ports and I would do it again in a heartbeat.Of course, Roy Willis was the lecturer; and he made it even more interesting.

To wit, I have bought his recommended book on Columbus as well as his text on History of Civilizations. (I am currently reading about the Ottoman Empire for my Oct cruise).

I have emailed you my' trip report'.

Jane

We did the Panama Canal cruise with Seabourn a couple years back. The voyage itself was great though it wasn't Seabourn's finest two weeks I must say. (My Review). For me the big thrill was transiting the canal though the ecotouristic nature of the ports of call weren't bad at all.

LaPaloma, I went so far as to inquire about the fare for late 2008's Panama Canal cruise....but after lots of consideration (not only that itinerary, but I also thought about the Med, Northern Europe and even the Amazon cruises!), the warm waters (and promising dive spots) of French Polynesia won out....I am jumping ship next year and going with Regent to Tahiti! I would really like to see you and Don again....hope it will be in the not-too-distant future. Seabourn is still first in my heart!

Jane

.I am jumping ship next year and going with Regent to Tahiti!

Jane

Cruiseline Jumping Jane spank.gif :D Do check out the Regent Forum and there is a cult of PG people over there that go back time and time again. I have said a number times on this forum, with the new ship(s) Seabourn has ordered, they should put one of the sisters there a couple months of the year.

LaPaloma,

Probably my next Seabourn cruise will be the PC. For me the biggest draw is it starts/ends in Costa Rica. This is one country I would like to spend 5 days or so traveling around and seeing. As much as I would like to see Costa Rica, I can not see doing a land only trip down there.

Archived