Question about booking. Need Advice.

long_shot45

I booked a cabin on the Journey For a 9/07 sailing. Final payment due 5/25/07. I did this through a popular on line TA. I now find i can save $400 and go form a 2A to a 1A cabin. Can I cancel my original booking and re-book? It will cost $50 to cancel but it would be worth it. Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

Yes, you can always cancel and rebook. But you may want to contact your TA to see if you can do this upgrade and $400 reduced from your cruisefare when final payment is due. You have nothing to lose if you ask.

The online agency I use will drop the price if the cruiseline lowers the price, so long as it happens before final payment. I always have to request the discount, but they have never failed to lower the price if the cruiseline reduces the fare.

Check with them before going to the trouble of cancelling and re-booking.

David

I booked a cabin on the Journey For a 9/07 sailing. Final payment due 5/25/07. I did this through a popular on line TA. I now find i can save $400 and go form a 2A to a 1A cabin. Can I cancel my original booking and re-book? It will cost $50 to cancel but it would be worth it. Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

Hi, the same thing happened to me a week or so ago. We're also booked on the Journey for August. We were originally in an ocean view and the cost was outrageous, we figured, new style of cruising, honeymoon, "let's do it." i found that the price for this cabin was reduced 900 dollars. I immediately contacted my TA who was able to upgrade us to a balcony and we recieved over $800 back.... our TA did not charge us anything for this....

It sounds like you'll save $350.... sounds good! If canceling is the best way for you to save money... they I say go for it!

You should not have to wait for your discount, we didn't. Good luck! and enjoy your cruise!

Archived