Hi! First time Carnival cruiser here!

vowsatsea

I had a cruise booked with NCL which unfortunetly got cancelled today. Instead of rebooking with them, I decided to book with Carnival. We're booked to sale on the Carnival Miracle leaving on 5/27 for 8 days.

Does the ship have a 24-hour buffet?

What are the hours for the pool? Can you go in anytime?

Does it have a waterslide?

What are the chance of getting an upgrade?

For NCL, you had to register on their website. Do I have to do that for Carnival?

I hope the ship is gorgeous and the cruise is great. Hopefully I'll be hanging around here more often now that I booked with Carnival!

Wow... yeah, you'll be fine with the Miracle... she's a great ship. She does have a buffet which operates essentially non-stop from 6am-2am. There is a 24-hr pizzeria though.

This ship is very nice, and relatively new as well.

Upgrades are possible if you booked a TBA stateroom... if you selected a specific room, don't count on an upgrade -- probably not gonna happen.

It does have a very large water slide as well as 4 pools (1 of which is a kiddie splash pool, and another has a retractable roof in case of bad weather). The pools are generally open during daylight hours. A couple hottubs are open at night.

Have a great time, and welcome to Carnival!

And yes, do register online to check in... you will need your booking number, ship, and saildate: http://www.carnival.com/mycruise

Miracle is a beautiful ship... easy to navigate as well..:)

No 24 hour buffet (none of the ships do that), tho' they have pizza 24/7!

Pool hours will be posted in the Capers... Mostly a daytime thing...:p

Has a waterslide.. I didn't try it, but I didn't want to 'break any bones'...:rolleyes:

If the ship isn't selling well (which is not normal) upgrades are possible..

Have a GREAT Cruise...:D

I don't think the buffet is 24 hours but its pretty much open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The pizza and ice cream is 24 hours, the room service is 24 hours, and there's midnight buffets and meals too. You'll have a great time.

P.S. I'm from NY too!

Sabrina, you will be happy that you booked the Miracle. We will be on the same sailing. We had looked at the Dawn for the two weeks that she will be drydocked and decided on Miracle instead. This sailing will be chockablock full because of the ncl drydock. I understand this sailing was pretty well soldout two weeks ago. How did you get your reservation. You must have acted quickly upon hearing the news.

Sabrina, you will be happy that you booked the Miracle. We will be on the same sailing. We had looked at the Dawn for the two weeks that she will be drydocked and decided on Miracle instead. This sailing will be chockablock full because of the ncl drydock. I understand this sailing was pretty well soldout two weeks ago. How did you get your reservation. You must have acted quickly upon hearing the news.

I got the call about the Dawn cancellation while I was in class. I ran downstairs, looked at all the possibilities, went home after class and booked right away! :D I definitely was not going to waste any time. I've been doing nothing but reading about the ship and looking at pictures, and my boyfriend and I are more excited for this ship than we were for the Dawn. I'm sure that one is beautiful as well...but I think this one is more for us.

I hope my TA didn't make a mistake and I don't get a notice that they overbooked and they're cancelling on us :(

The Miracle has been our favorite ship so far. Be sure to book a night at Nick and Nora's as soon as you get on the ship. That's the specialty restaurant. The food, service and presentation were well worth the extra cost. If you haven't already done so, request the size of table you would like through your TA or PVP at Carnival as well as the dining time you would like. You will have two formal nights on an 8-day so you can plan for that ahead of time.

Sabrina, you will be happy that you booked the Miracle. We will be on the same sailing.

Check to see if there is a Roll Call for your sailing, if not then start one.

Go to the Roll Call section of this board and look.

Fred

That would have been stressful, having your cruise cancelled w/out much notice- good you were able to find an alternative!

Do sign up on Carnivals' website, then you can see the excursions available, if you chose to book through the cruiseline

Check out the roll calls, find fellow passengers

Pizza and Icecream 24 hours a day, free room service, and a ton of options otherwise

Enjoy your cruise! Sounds like you have a positive attitude, no way you can go wrong :)

I already went over to the roll call for our sailing. I couldn't wait to say we were sailing on the Miracle! Nick and Nora's looks absolutely beautiful from pictures I've seen on my various searches. The atrium pictures left me speechless, so I can only imagine what it looks like in person.

I registered as soon as I got my booking #, and they have some pretty awesome excursions for decent prices. I'm really looking to do the Baths in Tortola. Anyone try it and like it?

I can't wait to get my docs in the mail now :D See, my cruise may have been cancelled, but everything happens for a reason!

Archived