Crown Princess vs RC Voyager of the Seas

newbie2468

I need advice. I recently sailed (first time) on the Crown and LOVED it all. Our friends next March are wanting to cruise out of Galveston to W. Caribbean. The choices are only Carnival and RC. Being that it is during Easter Week the prices are "pricey". After looking at the RC ship/pics.. I am afraid I am a little spoiled to the Princess lifestyle... Can anyone suggest a particular cabin on the VOS that would help me have as good an experience as possible? I wish Princess was still sailing out of Galveston :( Oh and we had a PH on the Crown(also going to be a let down if I get one of their balconies .. or should I spring for the JS?) Their prices are way higher than Princess for a seemingly smaller cabin? Thanks for any advice. I need to book soon... wish I could convince Princess to come back to Galveston.

If I had a choice between CCL & RCL, I would definatly pick RCL. IMO, RCL & Princess are very similar, Princess a little better food. I was on the Voyager and we had the Promenade View room, I loved it. Its an inside cabin with an outside feel. You have a cabin overlooking the Promenade. And there is actually a little nook by the window that you can sit in. I watched the parades from my room.

I have been on both ships...Voyager & Crown. They are similar in feel and expectations. I had a balcony room on both...both were great. I have been on Carnival too, and it was super fun...but if you are trying to match Princess, go with RCCL.

I have been on both ships...Voyager & Crown. They are similar in feel and expectations. I had a balcony room on both...both were great. I have been on Carnival too, and it was super fun...but if you are trying to match Princess, go with RCCL.

I am sooo happy to hear that!!! Our previous RCCL experience wasn't a standard one. it was smaller RCCL ship (Splendor) in Mediterranean sea. We are going on Explorer of the Seas this summer, after sailing on CB past June. I loved our Caribbean Princess cruise so much I would love to have similar experience. Too bad RCCL doesn't have anytime dining though.

I have also sailed on both Princess and RCCL. If you had a Penthouse Suite on the Crown you will not be happy with the size of a balcony stateroom on RCCL. I had a Penthouse Suite on Princess, they are huge and come with suite amenities that spoil you. You would have to go one step up from the JS to get the same amenities on RCCL. I have also sailed in a JS on RCCL, roomy but not like a suite.

I have also sailed on both Princess and RCCL. If you had a Penthouse Suite on the Crown you will not be happy with the size of a balcony stateroom on RCCL. I had a Penthouse Suite on Princess, they are huge and come with suite amenities that spoil you. You would have to go one step up from the JS to get the same amenities on RCCL. I have also sailed in a JS on RCCL, roomy but not like a suite.

I will probably have to "settle" with a JS... the price of the next up (a GS) is around 8,000 ..that is more than 1,000 a day to cruise to Mexico:eek: ,,, The PH on the Crown was the same price as the JS on RCCL.. actually a little less..>>>

I wish there were a way to encourage Princess to come bak to Galveston...

Thanks for the info...

Please don't despair. I have sailed in a JS on the Voyager class and it is very nice, just different from a suite. The room has a nice sized sitting area as well as a bath with a tub. I am sure you will enjoy it. I have never had a bad cruise, have fun.:)

I am sure than any cruise will be a great cruise... I was just a little surprised that the cost was more (for less?) when Princess has (for the most part) stellar accomodations/food,etc. I figured Princess would always be a more pricey cruise. Are there any hints as to how to book? Through a local TA or online? Thanks again... I know that we will have fun just being with friends and sailing ~

Because Voyager is leaving Galveston next spring many people are wanting to experience it before that happens. So the prices are somewhat inflated, especially for spring break time. Prices on the brand new Liberty of the Seas are lower than what Voyager's are!

Perhaps consider a different RCI ship for better prices? We sailed on the Navigator and just loved it. We will be sailing on the Liberty in October and looking forward to it!

Bev

Archived