What is Elegant Casual?

jkotc

April 2 Carribbean Cruise: 4 nights elegant casual, 3 Formal, 1 informal.

I have tux for formal and a suit for informal.

Does Elegant Casual mean Sport Coat required with Tie; or Sport Coat with Sport shirt; or just elegant sport shirt without jacket?

Totally confused here!

Thanks!

April 2 Carribbean Cruise: 4 nights elegant casual, 3 Formal, 1 informal.

Does Elegant Casual mean Sport Coat required with Tie; or Sport Coat with Sport shirt; or just elegant sport shirt without jacket?

Thanks!

According to my recently received documentation, it means jacket and shirt, no tie required.

It means jacket and shirt, no tie required.

But if you want to economise you can do by taking a light coloured suit - that does me both informal and elegant casual.

(OK - I take more than the one suit and I like the formality of the ship but I use the excuse of economising:) )

I checked my daily programme from the Med. cruise last Sept. "Elegant Casual : For gentlemen, no jacket is required, a collared shirt with slacks is perfectly appropriate. For ladies, a blouse with skirt, or slacks."

I checked my daily programme from the Med. cruise last Sept. "Elegant Casual : For gentlemen, no jacket is required, a collared shirt with slacks is perfectly appropriate. For ladies, a blouse with skirt, or slacks."

Hello Linda, they've changed it for our May cruise. They now require a jacket, but still no tie. And no changes for the ladies.

Regards, Mary

When you receive your pre-docs ( about 2-3 months prior to sailing ) you will receive a 47 page booklet titled "your Cunard Voyage Guide". In it it will tell you everything you need to know including dress codes. I know that on the QM2 world cruise that just ended, that every nite, even port days, that a jacket was required for all dining rooms except for the Kings Court ( cafeteria ).

Under 'ELEGANT CASUAL' the guide states: "slacks, sweater, shirt and a jacket for men. Skirt or slacks with a sweater or blouse for women. No jeans."

I find it interesting that on your CARIBBEAN cruise you stated you had formal, informal and elegant casual but no 'casual'. I wonder if Cunard have stepped up their evening dress code, even in the Carribbean?

enjoy!

Curls

that's correct. no casual nights, just 4 "elegant casual", 3 "formal", 1, "informal"

And just to confuse things a little more, between the time I got my pre-docs and final docs for the April QE2 crossing, "informal" has become "semi-formal" - it still means the same thing, jacket and tie for men. Of course my final docs also listed 0 formal, 0 semi-formal and 0 casual nights. A few posters have had a little fun with this - see the thread for that voyage. It's been suggested that the 0-0-0 dress codes mean that all evenings will be nude, which is a bit freightening, given the average age of us Cunarders!

Bob

I've seen gents in jacket and tie on some nights designated as "elegant casual".

So, JK my friend ... even if you don a tie, you'll fit in just perfectly.

Enjoy the QM2 ... you'll love every minute! :)

By the way ... do you trade stocks? (Or sell OTC medicines) :D

Hi there NH Bob ! Has the snow all gone from your part of NH? Over by the seacoast and Maine border I still have a few piles left and the ice on the pond is about 40% out so it looks like a nice early spring again. Thanks to Al Gore for using all those carbon units on his house and private jet plane.

Did some apple tree pruning today and have lots of Dafs peeking above ground.

Be sure to send pictures of the nude evenings. Could get you fifteen minutes of fame on UTube.

Hi there NH Bob ! Has the snow all gone from your part of NH? Over by the seacoast and Maine border I still have a few piles left and the ice on the pond is about 40% out so it looks like a nice early spring again. Thanks to Al Gore for using all those carbon units on his house and private jet plane.

Did some apple tree pruning today and have lots of Dafs peeking above ground.

Still quite a bit of snow in shady spots and where it was piled up, but going fast. As you undoubtedly know, today's rain is predicted to change to snow tonight, but doubt it will amount to much with temps in the 30s.

Can't see any open water on the part of the "big lake" I can see - "ice out" will probably be a bit late this year due to low temperatures in February. I hear that there is still 2 or 3 feet of ice in some areas.

I have just a few dafs starting to appear.

Bob

Archived