NCL Hawaii cruise

Twice-a-year

Recently back from Pride of Aloha. I think all the NCLA ships view the volcano at night -- has to be one of the selling points! The ship stops and makes a 360 so both sides have a view. We viewed it from the promenade on both sides.

For the Pride of Aloha, the Napali coast was viewed from the port side.

Was on Pride of America last week. Go for the portside, as you'll get a view of Kilauea from both sides of the ship but the Na Pali Coast will only be visible on the port side.

If I were to recommend this to other people I'd say get a port side cabin but for Na Pali coast you'll do better to get out of your cabin and go to the somewhere that you can view both sides. Although Na Pali is on the port side the whale watching was on both sides of the ship. I'd done whale watching in SA earlier in the year so knew what to look out for but if you haven't done it before you might require the help of someone with experience to know what to look for. Of course this depends on the time of year and whether the whales will be there at all!

We did the Pride of Hawaii a few weeks ago - had awesome views of both the lava and NaPali coastline - I don't know how the itinerary differs between ships though.

Which side of the ship were you on the Pride of Hawaii?

Which port that just left and was able to view the Lava?

Which island that you visit the NaPali Coastline?, were you able to view from your stateroom or need to be up on the top deck?

Thanks for your help!

Which side of the ship were you on the Pride of Hawaii?

Which port that just left and was able to view the Lava?

Which island that you visit the NaPali Coastline?, were you able to view from your stateroom or need to be up on the top deck?

Thanks for your help!

Well... our views of the coastline/lava were done from the aft deck of the Aloha Nui (deck 12), and not from our room. We would have needed a balcony on the Port side to get those views. The captain does turn the ship so that both sides get an equally good view of lava though.

Lava viewing was after we left Hilo - around 9:30-ish, as I recall. You want to stake out your spot *early* if you're in public areas. There is a volcano party by the pool too.

The NaPali coastline is how you spend your afternoon after leaving Kauai in the early afternoon. Basically the ship just cruises around Kauai and it takes about 3 hours to get to the NaPali coast from the port.

You can be pretty much anywhere on the port/top side of the ship to get a good view of the coastline - it's massive and awe-inspiring. Certainly a rail-side seat is ideal, but we had a big table by the bar on that aft deck and I have to say, were were not remotely disappointed. (had a great view of whales playing on both sides and behind the ship as we went along.

One big tip: Bring binoculars for both the lava and coastline. You don't *need* them, but it makes it so much better!

Archived