7-day vs. Shorter Cruise

Huckleberry

I have to admit with the last cruise I took it was a 6-dayer, and I really missed that extra day! It is true, with the cost of flying, it's kind of a waste to take a short cruise for me. However, given the opportunity, I wouldn't turn it down!:D If money is no object for you, go for it! I find the year in between my cruises to be VERY long!

Or next on will be an 8-day, and the one after that (I'm hoping) will be a 9-day back to back. YIPEE!

Our first cruise was a 7 day one, but since then we have always taken 4 or 5 day ones. (our 5th coming up on the Inspiration on 5/17) Mostly I guess because then we can afford to go once a yr, and also with 4 VERY involved kiddos, it takes so much time and energy trying to arrange their schedules for US to be gone!!

Tam

DH and I live 50 miles from Jacksonville and sailed on the Celebration twice last spring and did a 7-day Holland America cruise in December. We did the 4-day Celebration cruises and had a wonderful time on each cruise. In fact, we are doing the 5-day Celebration cruise next month and are booked for a 7-day cruise on the Triumph in November. We might squeeze in another 4-day Celebration cruise between May and November if we can. We definitely prefer the 7-day cruises, but being able to do three cruises a year is great. I would rather do that than just one 7-day cruise each year. The shorter cruises are great stress relievers and I think they appeal to us so much because we live very close to the port and can drive there in less than an hour. No flights to worry about or having to come in a day earlier. For the 4-dayers, we work in the morning, drive to Jax at noon and on the last day, we are home before noon and can work in the afternoon if we want to. Saves on vacation hours, too. I would highly recommend the shorter cruises as wonderful getaways :D

Carnival - 1994, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2007, 2007

Holland America - 2004, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

Archived