Drink of the Day Change/Confusion?

gopher's girl

I am gearing up for my next cruise and was reading Meyerhaus' patters site. It appears that the Drink of the Day is also called the Hurricane Special of the Day (because you can buy it in a souvenir Hurricane shaped cup). It talks about a sticker and how you need the sticker to get the reduced price. When I was on the Dawn in April, they had a drink of the day that was a special price whether or not you had purchased the cup. Can anyone clarify this for me?

You can buy the hurricane glass for $2.50 ($5.00 w/first drink) and then you get a sticker on your ship's card. After that you can show your card or show your cup to get the discount. We usually got a large drink in another cup because you got three shots of alcohol for $6.50 vs one shot in a small or hurricane cup for $3.50.

Why do you need the sticker if it is the "Drink of the Day"? Can you order anything other than the drink of the day with the sticker. We just came back from the Golden and NO sticker was ever mentioned. I like the idea of the large drink with 3 shots. VBG!

Anni in MD

Archived