RCCL Int'l credit card

theawesome1

Just received this MBNA email on the RC Visa. It states RC Int'l, so I assume this is Celebrity included. Guess they emailed me after I did the survey a few months ago.

Low Introductory APR† and no annual fee!

Introducing the Royal Caribbean® Visa® credit card, the perfect card for people who love to Get out there.SM Earn Royal PointsSM with every qualifying purchase you make – points that add up to onboard credit, stateroom upgrades and even free cruise vacations.§

Use it for everyday purchases, and earn one Royal Point for every qualifying purchase dollar you spend. And double your Royal Points with every qualifying purchase dollar you spend with Royal Caribbean International.§§ Enjoy a low introductory APR†, no annual fee, plus 2,500 Bonus Points after your first qualifying transaction. So Get out thereSM and get closer to your FREE cruise vacation.

POINTS ROYAL CARIBBEAN REWARDS SM

5,000 • Upgrade on a 3 or 4-night Bahamas or Baja sailing for 2 (inside to outside stateroom)

• $50 credit toward onboard purchases

• 2 Royal Caribbean robes delivered onboard

• Onboard picnic for 2 people

• Royal Wear – 2 Royal Caribbean towels, disposable cameras, and messenger bags delivered to your home

• Royal Packet – 2 Royal Caribbean polo shirts and baseball caps delivered to your home

15,000 • Upgrade on a 5 or 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for 2, September—May (inside to outside stateroom)

• $150 cruise discount off any ship and itinerary

• Onboard Grand Romance Package including champagne, fresh flowers, gourmet appetizers,

breakfast for 2, and more

25,000 • Upgrade on a 5 or 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for 2 (outside to balcony stateroom)

• Upgrade on a 5 or 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing for 2, June—August (inside to outside stateroom)

• Free companion fare on a 3 or 4-night Bahamas or Baja sailing (outside stateroom)

50,000 • Free 3 or 4-night Bahamas or Baja sailing for 2 (outside stateroom)

• $500 cruise discount off any ship and itinerary

75,000 • Free companion fare on a 5 or 7-night Caribbean or Mexican Riviera sailing (outside stateroom)

125,000 • Free 5 or 7-night Mexican Riviera or Caribbean sailing for 2 (outside stateroom)

† See below for disclosure of rate, fee, and other cost information.

All rewards, with the exception of Royal Packet and/or Royal Wear items, can be redeemed for cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships.

Terms and restrictions apply to availability of rewards. See Program Rules for details.

Excludes Christmas and New Year’s sailings and is subject to availability. See Program Rules for details.

That sounds great. Did they give a phone number. I would like to do a little further research to see if Celebrity would be included. If so this could provide some real rewards. Thanks for sharing

Denny

I don't think Celebrity is included in the benefits nor the double pt offer. A while back, I've received and responded to a survey on the potential issuance of a Celebrity credit card.

I have the card and MBNA told us that we will NOT get double points for booking a Celebrity cruise even though RCI is the parent company. If you are told somthing different, please post here. I did receive points, (like I would with any purchase), when I booked a Celebrity cruise but not double points like I did when I booked a RC cruise.

and there is NO double points for Celebrity. I was told that even though they are under the same parent company they are two different companies. It is possible Celebrity will have a card of their own, but don't know when. I use my card for everything and have enough points now for a free 3/4 day cruise for 2. I'm aiming for the 7 day one! lol

Archived