Personalizer countdown.

srphnx

You're right about the TA not notifying you. I have a good TA but I just happened to check my personalizer and found that I have been upgraded from a minisuite to a penthouse suite on the Diamond sailing to Alaska 9/4. First time I've had an upgrade -- are we happy! :D :D :D ;)

Congrats, that is a reason to celebrate, be sure to make friends who booked an inside on the ship and "accidently" let them see your cabin.. like the commercial says.."priceless".

You're right about the TA not notifying you. I have a good TA but I just happened to check my personalizer and found that I have been upgraded from a minisuite to a penthouse suite on the Diamond sailing to Alaska 9/4. First time I've had an upgrade -- are we happy! :D :D :D ;)

Just my 2 cents worth on the upgrade fairy. We have booked an AB guarantee on the Golden for 9/5. We already have our docs, and still do not have a cabin assigned. Our son is our travel agent, and a manager for a retail travel agency chain. The parent company that owns this retail entity, is now the biggest cruise purveyor in the United States. They have many different retail companies and internet companies, all under different names. He has spoken to many people at Princess, and there is no specific way that they pick the people to upgrade.

Have been thinking about this upgrade issue. I find it hard to believe that Princess does not have some internal policy or guideline on upgrades. Let’s assume they have no policy whatsoever. At some point an individual or group have to decide which passengers are upgraded. Therefore, giving that there is no policy, it would be the whim of this person or group of people to pick and choose. If I were that person, or part of the group, anyone I know on that cruise would certainly be upgraded! Considering that, if no policy is in place, this process is overly ripe for, shall I say, less than ethical decisions! Therefore, I have to believe that some policy is in place and probably a very specific policy. If that’s the case, then I think passengers may need to demand to know what this policy states. Of course the cruise line is under no obligation to disclose this policy. SO, the ball is back in our court, we as passengers carry the biggest stick, so to speak. We control the money! The cruise lines don’t share their upgrade policies because we don’t demand it with our wallets. Yes, I understand this will most likely continue to be the way it works, just think we could change things if we wanted.

Somewhere on here in the past few months, Shipkicker, someone published Princess' actual printed upgrade policy. I tried the search feature, but couldn't find it. As best I remember, it was pretty short and sweet and referred to preference being given to passengers with the highest number of previous cruises. Maybe someone else will remember where to find it. Donia

Somewhere on here in the past few months, Shipkicker, someone published Princess' actual printed upgrade policy. I tried the search feature, but couldn't find it. As best I remember, it was pretty short and sweet and referred to preference being given to passengers with the highest number of previous cruises. Maybe someone else will remember where to find it. Donia
Donia, here's the policy. Too bad there appears to be no validity to it.

Automatic Complimentary Upgrade Program

dashedline_405.gif

CONTENTS

OVERVIEW

Princess offers complimentary automatic upgrades. Occasionally, a voyage is set for automatic upgrade, and bookings are selected to be upgraded to higher categories at no additional cost to the passengers. These upgrades are automatic and based on availability. Since we are not able to upgrade every booking, you should book your clients in a category in which they will be happy to sail.

There are two factors that increase the likelihood of an upgrade (if one becomes available):

• <LI class=body>Date of booking
  • Membership in the Princess Captain’s Circle

If an upgrade occurs, it will be automatically added to the booking some time prior to sailing, and a confirmation will be sent to the agency.

We do not guarantee the following:

• <LI class=body>That cross-referenced bookings will all be upgraded, or that they will be upgraded to cabins near each other.
  • That an upgrade will occur.

Go to Top

AUTOMATIC UPGRADE DECLINE BOX

We recommend declining the automatic upgrade if the passengers are cross-referenced and would like their cabins near each other or if the passengers have very specific requests regarding their cabin (side of the ship, near the elevators, etc.) In order to decline the upgrade, click the “AUTOMATIC UPGRADE DECLINE” box.

Declining an Upgrade That Has Been Assigned

When the complimentary upgrade is given, a confirmation is automatically sent. If your clients are not happy with the new cabin and category, you may call Princess to have the booking changed. The Reservations Agent will advise the correct department, who will address the issue. In most cases, the booking will be moved back to the original cabin if we are notified promptly. However, if the booking was originally a guarantee, the passengers must accept the upgrade, since there is no cabin to which the booking can be returned.

Go to Top

© 2004, PRINCESS CRUISES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

// site catalyst code setSiteCatalystVariable('Princess Cruises : Polar Online | Help | Automatic Complimentary Upgrade Program');

Thanks Lynda,

I really wish it were that easy, on my last two cruises I met couples that:

Had never sailed Princess

Had booked in the last 4 weeks.

Paid what I did.

Got upgraded full types, not just same to same but on different decks, inside to balcony or the like. I also met several couples who had sailed Platinum CC,booked early, etc. and got no move at all.

Ok... personalizer update:

Got the assignment for the second leg before the first.. no upgrade. Gee what a surprise, consistant at least. It will be my platinum voyage with them and the 5th this year, but no bump.

Attempting to understand this upgrade thing is like trying to figure out which came first, the chicken or the egg!

Our T/A mailed our docs yesterday, we are 30 days from sailing and no cabin on the "Personalizer" or our docs, then I read post from folks that get assignments several months before sailing.

It’s like banging your head on a wall...:eek:

Ok... personalizer update:

Got the assignment for the second leg before the first.. no upgrade. Gee what a surprise, consistant at least. It will be my platinum voyage with them and the 5th this year, but no bump.

Steve,

You could still get an upgrade. Remember my last cruise; I didn't get the suite upgrade until about a month before we left. And it was definitely after final payment. So, you've still got plenty of time. What you got today has nothing to do with tomorrow. I just have a feeling you're due!

No the problem is they are out of cabins to upgrade me to, all those selfish people who sail on MY ship... you know the Diamond the one with the terrible food and questionable welds in the hull.

Steve,

You could still get an upgrade. Remember my last cruise; I didn't get the suite upgrade until about a month before we left. And it was definitely after final payment. So, you've still got plenty of time. What you got today has nothing to do with tomorrow. I just have a feeling you're due!

Archived