Question about Celebrity Air

long_shot45

We have booked a cruise out of Cape Liberty NJ. We will be flying out of DFW. I have read horror stories on other boards (Princess & Carnival) about close connections, late flights ETC. Can anyone give me any advice??? Also would like any advice on insurance. Some say get your own, some say get from T/A... New to this so any help would be appreciated.

Use custom air and book what you want. If you are not Captains Club yet, pop for the extra charge, or book your air independently -- check rates as you could save enough to pay for your pre-cruise night, which I always recommend if you are booking on your own. Insurance? Go to insuremytrip.com and price compare for the coverage you want. Some TA's, I'm told, get a kick back on insurance, so is it really the best product for you -- or them? I always get my insurance through that website -- friends, who have had claims, have recommended Travel Guard.

We have booked a cruise out of Cape Liberty NJ. We will be flying out of DFW. I have read horror stories on other boards (Princess & Carnival) about close connections, late flights ETC. Can anyone give me any advice??? Also would like any advice on insurance. Some say get your own, some say get from T/A... New to this so any help would be appreciated.

Check into doing your own air, there are loads of flights from DFW to Newark, most are direct. Don't even think about using the two NYC airports unless you get a real good price.

Cancelled flights, late arrivals, missed connections, lost or misdirected luggage are just some of the reasons that we always leave one day earlier than our cruise departure date.

My advice is leave one day early and reduce the stress of the possibilities of "horror stories".

Cancelled flights, late arrivals, missed connections, lost or misdirected luggage are just some of the reasons that we always leave one day earlier than our cruise departure date.

My advice is leave one day early and reduce the stress of the possibilities of "horror stories".

I'm in complete agreement here. Leaving a 1 day early, really takes the stress out travelling.

Karyn

Always go early. We left 1 day early and all fights were cancelled. Leave 2 days early for international. Our bags were lost for 8 days. Carry everything you can. Never go without travel insurance!

Archived