Separate Booking w/ Child Under 18

Sailing on Freedom next week. This year my son (age 17) and his friend are going and to make the reservation work, I booked my reservation along with his friend and booked him with my wife. I know several years ago, we did something similar with my daughters, but I can't recall how I got my sea pass card associated with the room I will be staying in. Is this something I can do when I check in or should I go to Guest Relations once I get on the ship?

We had a similar situation. 3 rooms- 2 adults, 5 children. It took less than 5 min for guest relations to print new keys for the room changes and print me extra keys for the 2 kids rooms. I would make sure to get it done before any soda stickers get applied.

Sailing on Freedom next week. This year my son (age 17) and his friend are going and to make the reservation work, I booked my reservation along with his friend and booked him with my wife. I know several years ago, we did something similar with my daughters, but I can't recall how I got my sea pass card associated with the room I will be staying in. Is this something I can do when I check in or should I go to Guest Relations once I get on the ship?

For our Labor Day cruise on Mariner, we had booked our sailings on our last cruise; FoS (12/3). The LA there booked my wife and I in one room and DS (5) and DD (3) in another room. Once we got home, we were able to link our two rooms together on RCCL.com. This worked out very well and I was able to complete the SetSails for all four of us at once.

If you need to make a change, the RCCL customer service people may need to unlink the reservations; just make sure they link it back when they are done.

If you haven't tried that yet, when you do your Setsail passes, I believe there is a question towards the end asking if you would like to link another reservation to yours. Just make sure you do it from the parents reservation instead of the kids since it will just say they are too young to travel.

Archived