Cruise Prices

rsingleton

Do cruise prices generally get cheaper the closer it gets to sailing. i was planning a cruise and someone told me to wait until 90 days from date and prices will get cheaper. well they've went up $300 so far since Feb. and the cruise is in June. I'm wondering if they will start to go back down around May. Any thoughts. This is for a carnival cruise

Do cruise prices generally get cheaper the closer it gets to sailing. i was planning a cruise and someone told me to wait until 90 days from date and prices will get cheaper. well they've went up $300 so far since Feb. and the cruise is in June. I'm wondering if they will start to go back down around May. Any thoughts. This is for a carnival cruise

If you know the exact date and ship you want to cruise, then its always best to book early and lock in the price..just make sure whoever you choose to book with will honor price drops.

Pricing is based on supply and demand...demand is always high for summer cruises, so you might not see the price drop at all, unless there are lots of cabins left.

You got some unreliable info.

If your cruise sells well, the $$$ go up. If not, $$$ could, I say could go down.

No sure way to know.

That advise is based on sailings not selling. If a ship isn't filling and it is after final payment the price will drop. If the sailing is popular and it is filling up the price just keeps going up. Summer sailing are usually popular and fiill up. The best to do is book it as far out as you can if you had to have a set date and ship. You can get price drops applied for sure up to final payment. After that it depends on the PVP/TA and the cruiseline.

If the price is already going up, it's unlikely you'll see a drop anytime soon. I'm not sure what cruise you're looking at, but we have a CC group going on the Miracle 6/12 with rates that are locked in lower than Carnival's current prices - you are welcome to join us!

It used to be quite common to get great 'last minute' deals on cruises. But, cruises have become so popular that it is no longer common. Prices are all based on 'supply and demand'. The faster the ship is selling, the higher the prices go. Book early and keep an eye on the prices. If the prices drop you will probably have to ask your TA/PVP for the lower fare but, it can be done. Check just before final payment. It is much easier to get the discount before final payment is made.

Another thing to consider ... cruise lines don't want people to wait until the last minute to book. They want your money as long as possible. Unless the ship truly isn't selling, the price probably isn't going to drop for the summer.

Guest YesitDonna

If it was a September cruise maybe it would be cheaper close, I have done lots of those but June? doubt that will happen.

Archived