Spa Treatment Discounts on Some Days?

I've heard that the ship offers spa treatments at a discount on some days of the cruise. Does anyone have first hand knowledge or experience with this? If there is a discount, how much of a discount is usually offered? Is it only on port days, or does it coincide with the end of the cruise?

Thanks!

Well I´m not going to the spa, but I remember that there have ben special offers from the spa on any of my cruises. I can´t help you with how much they discount but I recall the best discount rates have been on port days. I think they are not very busy these days and try to get customers with the discount. I´m sure there are others with more expierience on this.

Ditto: Port days

I have seen the expensive packages get discounted by 50%.

The Spa will have a menu. Don't see what you are looking for...like a BASIC $50.00 manicure? Ask. You will be surprised at how they can accomodate you.

Just a plain facial, please...not the $155.00 super deluxe...anti-oxident treatment....with electronic etc..etc..etc...

I have seen Princess & Carnival offer a more basic menu. Celebrity goes into the Deluxe Mode. ;)

Two years in a row I was on the Majesty and they offered spa discounts both times. But this year on the Enchantment no discounts were offered. But I do know that by Monday late afternoon (sailing day) almost all of the spa appointments were FULL.

My foot was really bothering me so when they ran an ad for a discounted foot massage I decided to give it a try. They guy spent most of the 1/2 hour running for water, running for a glass of lemonade that I did not want, then handing me a product catalog and trying to get me to buy their expensive products. I think I actually got maybe 5 minutes of foot massage. It may have been the person but I certainly will not go back to Steiners on any ship again!

I've done the spa thing several times and have come to the conclusion that for me, at least, it is not worth the price and especially not worth the aggrevation of the hard-sell sales pitches by the Stiener staff. Being pressured into buying products is anything but relaxing!

In April my sister took advantage of one of the discount things. I think it was a three-for-one thing, which included a"mini" facial, and a couple more "mini" things (I can't remember). She was not pleased.

Having said that, I would recommend that anyone who hasn't done the spa before should try it. One man's fruit is another man's candy. Opinions and expectations differ. You might enjoy the experience, but you won't know unless you try it for yourself.

Happy sailing!

I did a port day special of 1/2 hour facial and 1/2 hour massage for $69. I want to chime in that I have never had a hard sell before. It was worth it. The closest was a massage I had where the girl worked really good on my most trouble spot (I see a chiroprator for) and she seemed pretty insistant that I come back to give it some more work. She was probably right in a way, but I didn't want to pay that price again. I'm used to the pain at this point :cool: . I do beleive there are pushy Steiner staff, but I've yet to experience it. But since there is always a first I'm prepared with a line such as "well, I could tip you well or I could buy products...which do you think I should do?".

Tsobb....that is a great idea. I had never thought of that. I just always know the "sales pitch" is coming and just give them a strong "No thank you" at the first attempt.

To original poster...Usually the specials are just on port days but sometimes there a few specials on seadays too. It depends on how full bookings are. This seems to depend on the makeup of the passengers....age, culture, etc.

On a caribbean cruise with many American women aged 20 to 50 the spa fills up quick and there will be only a few (if any) specials. On a two week Panama Canal with average age of 70 and a considerable number of European women....there will probably be many specials.

The specials vary from week to week depending on what fills up and what has vacancies.

Archived