a question that might have been asked already

deeolasingh

I've done it and while it was tight, it was doable. Dending on the cruise sometimes you can book two inside staterooms for not much more money. We've done this too. As I recall one time it only cost us an additional $200 for the week for the extra room, and it was well worth it!

Why not just book two cabins, one cabin could have 2 people and the other could have 3 and then you would be MUCH more comfortable. JMO

maybe the kids are little? maybe they want to be together at night? maybe a lot of things. i never found it overly crowded when we had our 3 little ones in w/ us. we are just now starting to advance to the 2 cabin stage as they are getting bigger.

this all depends on how you cruise, and how you use the cabin, i suppose. for us, even having one bathroom was never a problem. for dinner DH always hangs on lido a bit longer w/ the kids while i head back and shower and change first.

then he comes back, gets ready and we get the kids ready. so all 5 of us aren't trying to cram in the bathroom at once. w/ us when we put 5 in a cabin, we got a quad, then a pull out which really wasn't a roll away, but a mattress that sat on a frame a couple of inches off of the floor. it was smaller than a twin, so it slid easily under the bed (out of the way) during the day. it was plenty of room for my youngest at ages 2,3,4 and 5 to sleep on. now at 7 mos and at 1 y/o, he needed a crib which took up extra space.

some others have posted that they send their teenagers to the gym to shower.

when the kids get older, pricing out 2 cabins is probably far more beneficial. we are getting 2 on liberty, and it was not a lot of $. but i wldn't say that having the kids w/ you is undoable. i've done it, and it's been fine.

We had 5 in our cabin. It was a very small Junior Suite On RCCI Grandeur of the Seas. All 3 slept on the pullout sofa. 1 child was actually booked in my brother's cabin, but was in ours. Our kids are very skinny.:D

Archived