celebrity and special dietry requirements

1inamillion

When we were on the Constellation in 2006, one of our tablemates needed a gluten-free diet, so apparently they can do it.

Might not be a bad idea to let someone know in advance and also to be aware of what you are eating.

1inamillion: We recently cruised on the Zenith and had our best yet experience with my gluten free diet. I chose to enjoy breakfast and lunch at the buffet each day. I would check with the maitre'd prior to making a selection and ate safely. If there was something I wanted that was not available, they offered to get it for me. Most days I was able to enjoy something that was available. They will get bread for you if you desire. I carried two mixes with me and offered them to the chef via the my maitre'd. They were made up for the midnight buffet and I missed them. We seldom go but was very pleased to know they made the effort. (I had decided to avoid all places I felt excluded this time such as dessert buffets and tea.) I know they were wonderful because the chef was so proud. They even labeled them gluten free. I was very sorry I was not there to show my appreciation for his efforts to make my cruising experience better. I had not specified that I would like them for myself or at any time. I simply asked him to try them.

I contacted customer services for special diets concerning Redbridge beer and was told I could not carry it onboard. They also said they did not carry it. I did carry on 6 bottles and enjoyed them one by one after a hot day in port. What a treat. I also carry cereal, cookies and soy sauce to enjoy with sushi.

They would like you to eat in the dining room each day but I prefer to enjoy my time on the open deck with friends. Do watch the bacon on the buffet as it has bread to act as a sponge in the bottom of the tray. They did bring me bacon from the back.

Our first Celebrity cruise was Jan 05 on the Zenith. Since then we have cruised Mercury, Summit, Infinity and again on the Zenith. Each time has been noticably better than the previous experience. It seems they are becoming much more aware of our needs and making special efforts on an individual basis to provide enjoyable dining.

You may want to do a search of the Celebrity forum as this topic has been discussed several times. The last being sometime around March 8. If you have other questions, I will be glad to try and help.

I'm glad to hear this - I'm on a dairy-free diet and am wondering if soy milk is available for cereal. Anyone know? I'll be on Carnival's Liberty this May to the Caribbean and CAN'T WAIT!!

Celebrity does great with special diets. My DH is vegan and they bent over backwards to please him- spoiled him rotten cuz he doesn't get that treatment at home!

What you should do is FAX (not call) a special request to the dining coordinator of the ship you will be on. Specify date of sailing, confirmation #, etc. At your first meal be sure and speak with the maitre'd about your requirements as well as your servers. If you need soy milk, be sure and mention it in your fax.

Even the specialty restaurants came up with something good that fit DH's requirements. Tip appropriately at the end if you're happy!

Archived