Alaska shore excursions

BLONDIE35

If I sign up for a shore excursion am I guaranteed to be on the excursion if too many people sign up? Also, I would like to make sure that I can cancel when I am on the ship. I want to do some hiking excursions but i am worried about weather and want to make sure I can cancel closer to the time! Thanks!!!:cool:

if you sign up for a private vendor, just ask them what the policy is.

they all seem to be a little different on when you get money back. remember, it might be hard to call from the ship..cell phones don't always work, though it is getting better.

with our ship's excursions, we could cancel 24 hours before for most tours. some did have penalties for cancelling. the ship's policy should be in the notes about each excursion.

usually when the ship's tours get full, they wait-list the later ones. when you sign up if they give you a confirmations number you are good to go, otherwise they wait-list you.

Just remember that 24 hoursa before, there is no way to tell how the weather actually is going to be. forecasts are less than accurate and the weather one day (or one hour) before doesn't say anything about how it may be later.

IF you get a confirmation for a ship tour, yes you are on it. IF not, then, no guarantee you are until you do.

There is NO way to predict any weather and your cancelations are at least a day prior to tours for refunds. Verify every tour cancelation policy. They do go in all weather. Flights cancel, hiking, for the most part does not.

Archived