Scheduled check-in time

paulista1950

I received the papers for my crossing and the scheduled check-in time is 3 P.M.

I'd like board much earlier, since check-out at the hotel would probably be before noon, will it be possible? How stricktly is the scheduled check-in time enforced? :confused:

I'd like board much earlier, since check-out at the hotel would probably be before noon, will it be possible? How stricktly is the scheduled check-in time enforced? :confused:

i never heard of any on being refused because they came early!!! however because many people arrive at noon time it creates long lines!!! bon voyage

Hi Mario

I said

" I found myself getting out of the taxi in the departures hall at exactly 11.30. There was a very short wait for the usual processing of ticket, passport and on board identity card. After security I entered a waiting area where I was given a boarding card with a number on it. I was prepared for a long wait (as I was so early) but within minutes they were calling out my number. Passing into a glass walled corridor (alongside the enormous grey bulk of this huge ship) a photograph was taken by the on-board photographers next to a ceremonial “welcome to Queen Mary 2” lifebuoy. I crossed into the ship and had my pass scanned. It was now 12.15pm, only 45 minutes after arriving at the Queen Elizabeth II Terminal".

Shortly afterwards I enjoyed lunch in the King's Court.

Hope this helps.

Paulista...My check-in instructions last Dec said to arrive at 5PM...in Brooklyn!! Mind you, I was sailing from Ft lauderdale!:eek:

I'd say not to give too much concern to the suggested time and get there at what works for you. We arrived at noon....unfortunately so had almost everyone else it seemed as we had one of those grand Ft Lauderdale experiences of a 2 1/2 hour check-in.

Board, have lunch onboard and explore the ship in the afternoon....we were all unpacked and organized by cocktail time. :D

Cheers, Penny

" Board, have lunch onboard and explore the ship in the afternoon....we were all unpacked and organized by cocktail time."

That's what my question is all about. So I'll ignore the "sugestion" and arriver around noon.

Archived