Evangelical University Group on Zuiderdam -

cruisebax

All of a sudden, I have a tremendous urge to throw-up. Instead, I think I'll race No-No Nannette to the topless, oh I mean, upper deck and flash those down below. Anyone care to join me for one last time?

Green apples help!

My brother and his partner were on the Noordam last month. They sat at a table of six with a married couple from NYC and a mother and daughter from Connecticut. The husband, although friendly, was rather boisterous.

Although they were friendly the mother and daughter never returned after the first night and they learned from the maitre'd that they would not be returning. The two couples that were left disagreed on whether it was a gay couple (my brother's guess) or the boisterous husband (the married couple's guess) that made them change tables.

Regardless, my brother and partner got along great with the other couple and are getting together with them socially.

What does this have to do with the OP's question? Absolutely nothing. But it's not the first post to go off topic.:o

Has the irony of this thread been lost on everyone? The OP's worry is about the possibility of gay bashing or judging. Seems to be a lot of bashing and judging going on.

Please don't stereotype Christians. If we would all take the time to get to know each other as human beings (without making up our minds ahead of time) the world would be a much better place.

You might sneer at the "golden rule" but it really makes a lot of sense.

Happy Easter week.

Holly

Thanks for bringing the focus back to my concerns.

I appreciate each of your compassionate posts.

The reason for the original post was that we don't want one group of people judging or preaching to us while on vacation. I live a very open life on land and am lucky enough to be surrounded by openminded and fair people.It has been the same on the two previous cruises we have taken. That being said, a religous group with obvious problems with homosexualityhas the potential to make us uncomfortable.

Now if I can convice each of you to join us on the Zuiderdam on October 27, I know we would be in the best of company.

Thanks again,

How about the Rocky Horror Picture show????

It's been about 15 years since I last did the Time Warp.

Most of the fun of going to that show were all those who could do the lines and dressed up as characters!!!!! :D

OH Man :)

Spent more than a few Friday nights at our local theater watching that show. You are so right, the audience put on a better show than the movie itself. I got to know quite a few of the lines myself. Never did get the nerve to get up there and do the time warp *LOL*

But did throw a few rolls of toilet paper and some toast in my day *LOL*

I suspect that this group chose to cruise with HAL for the same reasons most of us do---for the refinement and ambiance of the HAL experience with its generally older and calmer pax (as compared to the "party ships"). I doubt very much that they would make a nuisance of themselves by trying to impose anything on the rest of the pax. I suspect that the only proselytizing done would be by example, and not by collaring any unwilling pax. Talk about judging others ! The judging started with the very first response to the OP's question and has continued throughout the thread, with a few notable exceptions. If the purpose of this group was to go out and save cruising sinners, I think they would have chosen more fertile ground. Could it be that all you very broadminded and PC people just feel uncomfortable in the presence of committed Christians ? You have certainly bashed them without knowing any of them personally or how they would behave. I would agree with a previous poster who suggested that they might have misgivings about cruising with HAL if they read this thread. BTW, I am Christian but not a Fundamentalist, Evangelical, or even a GOOD one. When you say "judgmental", look in the mirror.

My only problem would be that groups can take over lounges, etc. but this happens frequently on cruises. Even large CC groups can take over sections of the Crow's Nest, for example, to the discomfiture of fellow pax. Right ?

As a non-religious, yet spiritual person, who sends her children to a Christian School, go on the cruise and enjoy yourself! Since you will not be "saved", according to your shipmates, be happy you only have to spend a week with them and not eternity.

Archived