I HATE NCL ALREADY (and we havent even sailed!!)

Good for you, Mike customer service is what most of us look for in a good travel agent, and that is apparently why your two offices are booming. The unfortunate situation is that for every one of you, there are more than likely just as many TAs who do nothing but place orders. They do not check back for their customers - they rely on the customer doing that and keeping them informed. As a service-related business, travel agencies, while they may not be dinosaurs yet, are rapidly becoming non-service businesses. Fortunately with more the 35 cruises completed, we do our own research and bookings and deal directly with the cruise line.:)

I think you need a new TA. Your TA appears to have serious communication problems dealing with the cruiseline. Your TA should have given you a CORRECT invoice (IN WRITING) after they confirmed with NCL the exact price. If there was any discrepancy, your TA should have resolved it with NCL - well before any final payment was due. You should have been made aware of any discrepancy before an invoice was even issued - so that you could change your mind if need be. Your TA should have a final (and unchangeable price) within a VERY short time of the booking. My TA has a policy that the final price should be absolutely confirmed within 24 hours of booking and receiving the client's credit card number, if possible and within no greater than 48 hours. If any discrepancy occurs after that period, she resolves it without involving the customer. She ALWAYS prints the invoice out in U.S. AND Canadian dollars. - so there is NO confusion on those grounds and she does not charge the client's card with the deposit UNTIL the price is confirmed.

I can understand why you are annoyed. I would be furious. I hope that you can still enjoy your cruise but I am serious - look for a new TA before you book you next cruise.

i totally agree, get a new t/a and you`ll be fine

I sure am glad that I have clients who are intelligent and appreciative of the knowledge I can give them and I check their documents with a fine tooth and comb. And I never met a dinosaur I didnt like. Enjoy being a legend in your own mind...you deserve yourself!

After a travel agent booked a return flight in fort lauderdale when it should have been miami i book all our vacations tru the computer get a conformation by e -mail check everything out and never had a problem.Im sorry to say T A,s went the way of the dinosaurs,so try booking online you save all the headache just one click and your done.Now this does not prevent bad service such as the shifty airlines who make it hard to redeem vouchers for ther incompentance buts it is a cold day in hell trying to rip off this ol shister.Book online the way to go:D :D

NCL service isn't A+, but once you get a price you get a price.

I received a quote from NCLA through my TA for a cruise on the POAloha and paid the deposit. A week later the TA came back and said that NCLA misquoted and I had to come up with two hundred more dollars. I said what's up with that, I had a quote. She couldn't do anything about it.:(

I even called NCL and talked to a supervisor to no avail.:mad:

You may have heard comments on this board that TA's won't or don't like to deal with NCL, my TA is one of them. She says they are the hardest to deal with.:mad:

Just my two cents.

warbird

that's my problem .. It's wasnt a quote .. I paid the invoice for FINAL PAYMENT .. and then a week after my credit card is charged, I'm sent another invoice from NCL for more money ... like I said .. it's not the TA's fault that NCL wont release my tickets!

The only other thing I can think of is that the TA didn't hold the space when she got the quote, or if she did, she didn't put the deposit down and it cancelled after a couple days Then when she called back the price was different. Book cruises everyday, the only company I have problems with is Carnival Group Dept with long hold times, everyone else I'm usally right through and have absolutely no problems with. My funniest NCL rep story and when I told one that I had met Colin Veitch a month before at an event and the girl didn't know who that was.

The only other thing I can think of is that the TA didn't hold the space when she got the quote, or if she did, she didn't put the deposit down and it cancelled after a couple days Then when she called back the price was different. Book cruises everyday, the only company I have problems with is Carnival Group Dept with long hold times, everyone else I'm usally right through and have absolutely no problems with. My funniest NCL rep story and when I told one that I had met Colin Veitch a month before at an event and the girl didn't know who that was.

Love it! :D

I didnt mean to attack anybody though maybe I'm missing the logic here

You place an order to buy X at 1000

The bill for X comes to you at 620

You pay the 620 correct?

They discover that you underpaid from the original amount 380

They ask for 80 more dollars

So instead of being happy about saving 300 dollars and enjoying it elsewhere you complain that you HATE ncl and will never cruise with them again.

Please explain to me what i'm missing and then I can be as mature as everybody else

I didnt mean to attack anybody though maybe I'm missing the logic here

You place an order to buy X at 1000

The bill for X comes to you at 620

You pay the 620 correct?

They discover that you underpaid from the original amount 380

They ask for 80 more dollars

So instead of being happy about saving 300 dollars and enjoying it elsewhere you complain that you HATE ncl and will never cruise with them again.

Please explain to me what i'm missing and then I can be as mature as everybody else

We make a deposit, it gets misplaced. We're told too bad we have to pay the full amount unless we have our credit card statement showing this. (credit card statement hasnt come in yet and they will not accept an online print out). So pay up and deal with trying to get a refund later. Then it gets found, on another reservation.

Final payment times comes. I get an invoice from NCL direct. Price is lower.

I call to CONFIRM that x bill at 620 is correct before paying it and WHY this change? They say, oh it's a sale. My TA confirms this is the price before, we place final payment WITH THE SAME ACCOUNTING LADY. NCL charges my credit card $19,000, I get a call from my credit card fraud dept saying this happened, I call NCL again to tell them their error, they say no way this could've happened, the visa company is wrong. We again make the FINAL payment, this time goes thru, shows up on my credit card statement. Everything is fine. A week later, I get another invoice from NCL showing an outstanding balance. We question, why this other invoice then showing the final amount due. NCL says, it was an error, it's really in American funds not Canadian. Invoice clearly shows Canadian funds. (so on top of errors they are making things up to appease the customer instead of finding out real answers) Suddenly if we pay more money we'll get tickets. This was at the beginning of the week. Still no E-DOCS yet. This has been ongoing for a month. Im unsure as to what to expect next. So yes, a little bit of frustration. And apparently it's not an isolated case according to a manager at NCL.

I am not sure what to say to this post but I hae been following it closely. I have never contacted NCL for anything. My TA takes care of everything. She calls me to tell how much to pay and when and I have never run into any problems.

I am certainly not accusing you of anything but perhaps did things get messed up when you got involved as well as your TA?

I just let them deal with it all. Problems, etc is her job. That is what I pay her for.

I am sorry that this has caused you to hate NCL. I am sure that I would not be happy in your situation, but I hope that you can enjoy the cruise.

I received a quote from NCLA through my TA for a cruise on the POAloha and paid the deposit. A week later the TA came back and said that NCLA misquoted and I had to come up with two hundred more dollars. I said what's up with that, I had a quote. She couldn't do anything about it.:(

I even called NCL and talked to a supervisor to no avail.:mad:

You may have heard comments on this board that TA's won't or don't like to deal with NCL, my TA is one of them. She says they are the hardest to deal with.:mad:

Just my two cents.

warbird

I guess you missed the nightmare Jana was referring to with HAL about 6 months ago. $200 was nothing compared to what the clients had to go through and there were hundreds of people involved. HAL simply said, sorry, we made a mistake, if you want to sail with us you will have go come up with the rest of the money. As for TAs not doing business with any cruise line, this is not doing justice to their clients. We owe it to them to book whatever they want. Do we need to recommend a company we have had bad luck with? NO, but we do need to listen to what they want, not what we want. I wish all transactions with all companies were a piece of cake, this isn't the way. Some agents have more problems with NCL, some other lines. I, personally have had more with another line, but this would never keep me from booking the line as it is a good one, clients are happy with the service once on the ships and I just have to do my best. NMNita

I just spent over an hour on the phone with a problem with one of my clients cruises. NCL is not the greatest to work with, but with a little work and also I am lucky enough to work for a large agency that does alot of business with them, things can be settled. This is an exaple where a good agent can save a client alot of time and frustration. I'm not sure why NCL is even talking to the OP..I feel for her situation, but the TA should be handling this so the client doesn't have to be this upset.

the only reason why i was ever in contact with NCL was because they called ME to tell me my credit card was declined (after they tried to process $19k) and asked me to call back a 1-800 number (which I did) - that's how I got involved and ended up speaking with their accounting dept about payment.

i just hope the cruise is much smoother .. :)

I just spent over an hour on the phone with a problem with one of my clients cruises. NCL is not the greatest to work with, but with a little work and also I am lucky enough to work for a large agency that does alot of business with them, things can be settled. This is an exaple where a good agent can save a client alot of time and frustration. I'm not sure why NCL is even talking to the OP..I feel for her situation, but the TA should be handling this so the client doesn't have to be this upset.
My point exactly: The cruise line rarely if even will tak to the client, it is between the TA and the line. That is why I have been wondering for the past few days if there is a missing link her.

My first reaction was that NCL sent the paperwork that should have gone to the TA. Do you think the $300.00 was supposed to be the TA's commission?

could have been, depending on the amount of the sale? I still wonder why NCL would be dealing with the cliant. NMnita

the only reason why i was ever in contact with NCL was because they called ME to tell me my credit card was declined (after they tried to process $19k) and asked me to call back a 1-800 number (which I did) - that's how I got involved and ended up speaking with their accounting dept about payment.

i just hope the cruise is much smoother .. :)

Even that is totally out of line with what they do. I am sure every agent on here will tell the same story; we either call in or process cc through out system with the amount and it comes up accepted or rejected. If by some chance, which happened to me once (many years in the business) the card was rejected at a later date, in this case it had to do with X date was all; the cruise line called me. NMNita

that's my problem .. It's wasnt a quote .. I paid the invoice for FINAL PAYMENT .. and then a week after my credit card is charged, I'm sent another invoice from NCL for more money ... like I said .. it's not the TA's fault that NCL wont release my tickets!

I don't get it. You acknoweldge the invoice was incorrect. In the end, you are complaining that they wanted you to pay the price you agreed to pay at the time you booked?

I understand all the other hassles (and some sort of compensation would be nice).

i just returned from a cruise with ncl spirit on 4/1 and it was a nightmare from day 1... we put cash on our childrens accounts so they will be able to purchase what they want and we did this on the pier in ny, i kept the receipts just in case............good thing i did because at 7am the next morning i received a call from the front desk stating they had a zero balance so i went down there and they had no record of this so i showed them the receipts i had and it took them 2-days to credit them the money.. also we owed them 2 bucks and they constantly called our cabin for us to come down to pay it as if we were going somewhere... it was terrible and i would never choose them again..... i also purchased soda cards for my children when i booked the cruise and was charged 40.50 each and then tried to charge my childrens accounts again for 46.00 once they gave us the stickers...again it took 2-days to get the credit it was so bad i was glad we were bk in ny

I don't get it. You acknoweldge the invoice was incorrect. In the end, you are complaining that they wanted you to pay the price you agreed to pay at the time you booked?

I understand all the other hassles (and some sort of compensation would be nice).

I did point it out to the accounting lady the invoice was incorrect, and so did my TA. We processed the amount the invoice said was the final payment and the accounting clerk and confirmed this was the new correct amount. What I'm "complaining" about is, not the amount, but rather, we STILL dont have our tickets after we made what was "final payment". And at the time we booked it was a deposit, as many people have said on these boards prices DO go down and are honored .. so what's the problem?? NOW after they want more money .. i was more then happy to pay the balance, the accounting lady said she cannot process more then the final payment due, and that this was the amount due .. at this point i dont care about the amount! Just give me my tickets!!!!

I'm kinda confused. If you use a TA to act as your agent on your behalf, don't you make payment to the TA. Then the TA would then inturn make the appropriate payment to the service provider? I would think that that would be a primary reason for using a TA - to make them the responsible party for verifying all information and keeping you informed. Otherwise, why would you use a TA? Then your recourse would be to the TA not the service provider. And yes, I would be using a reputable TA that would provide me very frequent updates.

I just returned from an NCL cruise on the Star where I booked the cruise and paid for it through Expedia about 8 months in advance. I checked with Expedia frequently for updates and when I didn't receive my documents at the time I thought I should, I called Expedia. Within one hour I had an answer from Expedia, who contacted NCL on my behalf, with an answer that I should be receiving my documents within ten days. The documents were sent to Expedia who sent them to me. I recieved them within the time period promised by Expedia.

I am on the same sailing and I don't have my tickets yet either. We paid the final payment way before it was due and thank God we didn't have the problems you had Canadiangirl but WHERE ARE OUR TICKETS!!!!!

If we ever get on board this sailing we will have to go for drinks. LOL

Archived