I HATE NCL ALREADY (and we havent even sailed!!)

we STILL dont have our tickets after we made what was "final payment".

Just give me my tickets!!!!

Get your booking number from NCL through your agency.

Go to the NCL website and do your preregistration documents.

You will then have your adequate boarding passes.

We are boarding with the pre-registration documents from the NCL website (that has our booking number on them) and our passports.

Get your booking number from your travel agent, go to NCL website and register!

Get your booking number from NCL through your agency.

Go to the NCL website and do your preregistration documents.

You will then have your adequate boarding passes.

We are boarding with the pre-registration documents from the NCL website (that has our booking number on them) and our passports.

Get your booking number from your travel agent, go to NCL website and register!

I have my booking number!! Thanks Anamarieus!!

I am on the same sailing and I don't have my tickets yet either. We paid the final payment way before it was due and thank God we didn't have the problems you had Canadiangirl but WHERE ARE OUR TICKETS!!!!!

If we ever get on board this sailing we will have to go for drinks. LOL

Have you pre-registered yet online like Ana has said? We havent so i'll be doing that today!! I'll be there with bells on Bily!! Bon Voyage!!!!!!!!!!

I would vent some of my anger towards the TA. When using a TA they are supposed to be professional enough and thorough enough to deal with this. That is one of the "benefits" of using a TA ... in fact I'm surprised NCL would even talk to you directly because they usually refer you to the TA. I'm sorry you had such a terrible start to your vacation. Sure is aggravating.

Take care.

MJ

This may have been posted already (I didn't want to read through all the posts, sorry): but pay it & dispute it w/ your cc company. Let them know you paid under duress. Let them know NCL has been no help despite your efforts to resolve it w/ them.

"...there is a huge disconnect between what happens shoreside with NCL and the way their ships are run."

True Dat. I've sailed Norwegian twice and Orient once (same owner) and I say they are terrible until you get on the boat, and great once you're on. The worst (and they are notorious for this) is no information in advance, so you sit sweating for your tickets (they used to have these scary irreplaceable originals) and info on excursions, etc. No info on boarding, etc. I've done it with a TA (who ended up frustrated too) and on our own. However, when our flights from USA to Stockholm were delayed/changed/cancelled the people on the 800 number were great to get us across the sea on a different airline from a different airport.
This year we got half our reservation confirmations and a defective website that wouldn't let you complete the mandatory-or-you-swim on-line registration.

[quote name='2martini']"...there is a huge disconnect between what happens shoreside with NCL and the way their ships are run."

True Dat. I've sailed Norwegian twice and Orient once (same owner) and I say they are terrible until you get on the boat, and great once you're on. The worst (and they are notorious for this) is no information in advance, so you sit sweating for your tickets (they used to have these scary irreplaceable originals) and info on excursions, etc. No info on boarding, etc. I've done it with a TA (who ended up frustrated too) and on our own. However, when our flights from USA to Stockholm were delayed/changed/cancelled the people on the 800 number were great to get us across the sea on a different airline from a different airport.
This year we got half our reservation confirmations and a defective website that wouldn't let you complete the mandatory-or-you-swim on-line registration.[/quote]

You know, I really do love NCL, but I'm a pragmatist. I do grit my teeth when I see a first-time poster complaining about stupid things ("The food was terrible!" "We only got one towel animal!") but I can accept that NCL may not be for them.

When it comes to something like this, though, I don't doubt for a second that Canadiangirl got a load of "who shot John" from everyone. Maybe her agent mischarged the CC and maybe not. Should NCL have called her when there was an agent involved? No. Do I doubt that they did it anyway? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I'm sure it happened exactly the way she said it did.

The frustrating thing with dealing with NCL's shoreside services isn't so much that things go wrong. That in and of itself isn't unique or unusual. What then happens though is that in the search for a solution, one ends up feeling like a character in a Kafka novel. Somehow a simple problem with a simple resolution becomes convoluted and messed up with so many permutations that it's mind-boggling.

I have to say that most of my contact with NCL is through their PR department and they couldn't be better. Top notch. The best. But when I have had to deal with regular shoreside services --for myself or for a family member or friend-- it's like entering a whole new universe and is very frustrating and frankly exhausting.

There are apparently new consultants to help with these issues because I don't think these complaints have gone unnoticed by senior staff, no matter what Keystone thinks.

Jana

[quote name='canadiangirl77']oh oh oh OUR E-DOCS ARRIVED!!!! does this mean everything is paid in FULL now?!?!?!?!?[/quote]
Quick! Print them out before they disappear! YEA, You're going on a cruise, and going to have a great time, and come back and tell us all about it!:D Have fun!

[quote name='canadiangirl77']thank you everyone SO much for your advice .. maybe i was a little emotional .. maybe harsh at times .. but even just talking it out helped a ton!!
thanks again and i'll be sure to post a review upon my return![/QUOTE]You have your docs, cruise day is near; go, enjoy and stop worrying. I bet you will come back all smiles. NMnita

[quote name='refman']wow, if this went on any longer i was going to send the balance in so it would`nt go on any more.whewwwwwwwwww[/quote]
I'm about to start a thread refman. Seems they want $20,000 more for the GV than what I paid for my balcony. Need my reservation# so you can send in the balance and prevent another long thread?;)

[quote name='watchdiva']SHEESH - this was like a never-ending saga..........just glad that all appears well now and that canadiangirl77 will have the cruise of a lifetime![/quote]

HAHA you're soooo right!!! you guys just read it .. i had to live it ..
but now im doing the happy dance!! ive got my tickets and life is good!

Archived