Wedding Dress at dinner

We'll be on the Paradise getting married in St. Thomas and it happens to be a casual night. The following night is a formal night. Should I wear the dress for dinner night of wedding? It's our second marriage (just us and our kids). I'm kind of shy and may feel conspicuous, yet it is our day and I should feel special. I could change that night and wear the dress on formal night. Any opinions would really be appreciated.

It's YOUR wedding day - I suggest wearing it when you feel best! :) I personally see absolutely nothing wrong with wearing it the day of your wedding on casual night... and you would definitely get noticed as the Bride on board!! I say DO IT!! :D I had changed OUT of my dress for our reception (onboard a catamaran) and wore hubby's favorite dress to dinner, but now wish I had worn the wedding dress longer. However, in the USVI, it can get warm during the day - our 9AM wedding was starting to get warm by the time we took pictures.

The benefit to putting it on for formal night would be the beautiful pictures you could have taken.

When I was on the Disney Magic there were a few brides wandering around the ship in their wedding attire. All looked wonderful!

I say wear it both nights :D

HELLO M SOPHIA,

I'M RENEWING MY WEDDING VOWS (20 YEARS) ABOARD THE CARNIVAL LEGEND. WHEN I FIRST GOT MARRIED I DID NOT HAVE A TRADITIONAL WEDDING. I DID NOT HAVE THE GOWN THE HALL OR THE CELEBRATION. AFTER PAYING $449.00 FOR MY GOWN, YOU BETTER BELIEVE I AM GOING TO WEAR IT AT EVERY PORT ESPECIALLY IN SAN JUAN, THE FIRST NIGHT OF THE CRUISE AND THE FORMAL NIGHT. BECAUSE, WHEN I GET HOME, I WILL NEVER WEAR THE GOWN AGAIN. SO WHY NOT GET AS MUCH PICS AS I CAN WITH IT ON. THIS IS OF COURSE MY PERSONALLY OPINION. ALSO I AM A WEDDING AND EVENT PHOTOGRAPHER SO THAT MAY HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH WHY I WANT TO KEEP THE DRESS ON FOR PICS. AND PLUS MY GOWN IS VERY BEAUTIFUL. WHY NOT!!!!!!!!!

I HOPE I WAS HELPFUL

0c50bfb1-0b21-4360-b5a5-92b1f6f774c1.enlargedNormal.jpg

Thanks for all of the imput. The gowns are absolutely beautiful. I don't want to wear my dress both nights and it is very reasonably priced. ($46.00). It's an ivory strapless ball gown. I'm leaning towards wearing it on the formal night because of the pictures and I'll probably still look bridal. My fiance said to bring an extra formal dress and then see how I feel at the time. Although an extra formal dress means extra shoes, extra purse, extra jewelry. I like to plan ahead but I have time to decide.

I am getting married on our first day aboard the ship before we even leave port and you had better believe that I am wearing my dress that whole day...plus I plan on wearing my dress on the second formal night with no veil and a shawl just to give it a bit different look. I figure that is the advantage of getting married on the cruise ship....a few opportunities to wear your wedding dress and shoes!!!

Erin

Is traditional but I didn't want a train so that took some searching. I have a really bad picture of me in my dress....dress was too big and I wasn't ready for the pictures but I will try to post it here,

Picture.jpg.391185d2bb630e37bbd1d98a1819dae0.jpg

I'm getting married while at port in St. Thomas. It's not going to be a formal night, but I intend to wear my dress all freaking day!

We are having a cocktial hour when we get back to the ship after our ceremony and then we go into dinner at 6pm.

I worry about looking " wilted" by the time we get back from our early morning beach wedding, but I'm the bride and I'm not worried about what others will think on my day.

I am wearing it w/ pride!

NO I'm not this conceided BUT it will be our wedding day so show off!

Good luck to you!

Kathy :)

10/05/04

ps, can you tell I'm a litte excited??? :)

Kathy,

I love how excited you are. My nervousness is starting to turn into excitement. My fiance ordered his tux yesterday. All ivory to match my dress. Then I found an ivory patterned tie for my 10 year old to wear with his black suit. I think we're really going to look nice together. I have late seating which is another reason I may change into an ivory caual dress and wear my gown the next night. I'm also thinking about going up to Paradise Point in our bridal attire for some romantic pictures. Getting married in St. Thomas is the ultimate in romance!

I was married on the Explorer of the Seas RCI. I wore my dress all day. My new hubbie begged me to take it off so we could go for a dip in the hot tub, this was at 10pm, we were married at 1:30pm on board in the Skylight chapel. We made a reservation at Portofino's (service charge $20ea) for both of our families to join us for dinner.

Don't forget to get a picture taken of you and DH wearing your lifejackets. My DH didn't want a picture taken of himself in a suit & lifejacket, but I have one of myself in my wedding dress.

Enjoy your day and wear your dress all day and at formal night too if you'd like.

:p

• 2 weeks later...

We did wear our formal clothes to dinner. After we had more pictures taken after dinner, we were really warm. So we went to relax and change in our room. I was very glad that we wore our formal attire to dinner. I am pretty shy also, but everyone was congratulating and wishing best wishes, it was really kind of cool.

My dress did not have a train, so that was not a problem, but it was a full skirted dress.

Kelley

Well today is Monday, we're leaving on Sunday and I'm still not sure if I should wear my dress to dinner or not. I did buy a white fluffy ruffled blouse with lace sleeves and ribbons that I could wear with pants if I change after the ceremony? Do you think that will look O.K. ? I also can't decide on earings. Should I wear big costume jewelry sparkly earrings or some understated delicate pearl or diamond studs. I'm going to wear my hair up so I thought big earings will look nice for the pictures. But I don't want to look tacky. HELP!

Archived