Hotel Galvez / parking????

fireflytx

My DH and I stayed at the Galvez. Loved the hotel! When you arrive you sign up for the shuttle. The sooner you arrive at the hotel the sooner you can take off for the ship. (We got to the Hotel around 8 PM at night... hard time getting there from Houston no pick up by our shuttle and ended up taking a taxi:mad: No fault of the hotel though!) Once we arrived we signed up and everything went smooth after that. The shuttle went very smooth for us- short tour through town as we made our way to the port. We ended up having to take a 12:30 or 1:00 shuttle. Got to the port fairly quickly. Check in took awhile- we were on a Royal Caribbean crusie, so how long Princess takes may be different for you. We were getting on a ship right before Christmas too......

Sorry I can't help with the Park and fly. They seem to have a nice parking area- so you shouldn't have too many problems there. Enjoy your stay at the Galvez & your cruise! Gabrielle

I think the valet guys at the Galvez are very accomadating and it's quite nice to just leave your car there while you cruise. I wouldn't recommend doing that if you have a long drive, however.

When we used the Galvez parking, getting to the ship was great. We were even able to snag spare seats on the Princess shuttle and checked in at the hotel since it was being used by Princess for their pre-cruise stays - all at no charge. Unfortunately, disembarkation was a disaster. The hotel shuttle buses are small and there were so many people waiting to go to the Galvez that it got ugly, people were pushing through lines and one "gentleman" shoved an older couple out of the way so he could get on. By the time we got back to the hotel it was past noon. Part of the problem that day was traffic control issues at the terminal. The port authorities seem to do a better job now than they did when we through that whole mess.

I recommend parking at EZCruise or a similar lot. You'll be on the road much more quickly.

Thanks for the info.... we are in no hurry to head home, so maybe we'll just hang out as long as we can on the ship then head to our car. Does anyone know how the taxi situation is? Should I send my husband ahead for the car then pick me up with all the luggage?

There is a taxi stand right outside the terminal--we always take one rather than wait for the hotel shuttle back. Never had to wait for a taxi, they're lined up waiting. It is not that expensive and we like to get on the road fast.

I wish we'd seen the taxis...oh well!

I think you'd be better off just gathering everything up and going to the hotel. You might end up waiting quite some time before being allowed back into the terminal area. The local police are helping with the problems we encountered by limiting the number of private cars allowed into the port area.

Good point... we'll probably gather our stuff and head to the taxi's and forget the shuttle unless we luck out.. I'm not into pushing and shoving... would rather pay to go back to the hotel, get my car and go home.

Archived