Star May 5-12 how crowded?

BLONDIE35

Anyone know how crowded the Star (going to Alaska) will be the first week of may? Is this a time that not too many people cruise since its still cold? or do people go because of the bargains such as in my case?

Thanks a bunch!!

I just want to make sure if we tender that I will be able to get off the ship in a timely manner! :cool: :cool:

It's not looking very full, I just went in through the TA website to check availability for the sailing and there is LOTS of availability (at least for double occupancy). May is still very early for Alaska so I think you won't have any issues with the tenders. :)

Doubt that it will be packed as this is the slowest week in the year or close to it. No, you won't be tendering; will it be cold, most likely yes, plan on bringing jackets and sweat shirts but layered outfits as well as it sometime warmes up by mid day. We have done Alaska twice in late May and I have had clients do it in mid May, always the weather has been brisk, but the cruise is still wonderful. NMNita

I wish I was going. But, it is difficult to tell how crowded as they work hard to fill ships as it gets close to sailing time.

As mentioned, most if not all ports should be tied to pier anyways.

We did end of May and would strongly suggest May. Still some snow on the mountains/hills. Go before school gets out. Prices are less. Crowds are a bit thinner, though we never saw crowds on two cruises.

Make sure you visit the ALASKA part of the PORTS OF CALL boards.

Anyone know how crowded the Star (going to Alaska) will be the first week of may? Is this a time that not too many people cruise since its still cold? or do people go because of the bargains such as in my case?

Thanks a bunch!!

I just want to make sure if we tender that I will be able to get off the ship in a timely manner! :cool: :cool:

Blondie, I am on the same cruise, two weeks after yours. I noticed a few weeks ago that there was no roll call for your sailing yet!

These are the threads to the 3 roll calls for the sailings immediately after yours.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=433849

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=397963

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=406467

You might want to check to see if the prices for your cruise went down. The mini suite price went down to almost the same price as the BD cabin we were booked in and we were able to upgrade for very little $$ ($150 for the two of us) Maybe you guys can get lucky too!

I've gathered a lot of info, so if you need help, let me know!

Thanks for the info, I am glad that we shouldn't be tendering! Also, with upgrades, will the cruise line be pushing for upgrades as we get closer? And, what is the big differencen in upgrading from a category BB balcony to whatever is next on the list of upgrading? I don't want to spend $$ that will not make a big difference. Our balcony is at the front of the ship so will this we ok? I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited!!! I hope the weather pans out and is worh the few hundred in savings for early May.... we paid close a $1,000 each for the week so i hope this is a good price! thats before taxes and port fees....:cool:

thanks for everyones help!!! any more help is greatly appreciated!

Archived