Wyndham FLL Airport now a Hilton

melissasneu

Just an FYI. We sail the CB this Sunday. Called the Wyndham to ask a question about the shuttle. Made reservations and paid for 3 rooms a few months ago thru priceline. So, I was surprised when I was greeted by the Hilton representative. She explained that Hilton bought the Wyndham. I asked her to verify my reservation and of course she can't find it. So, now I am waiting to hear from a supervisor at Hilton and I contacted Priceline and they say they will investigate as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Melissa

Just an FYI. We sail the CB this Sunday. Called the Wyndham to ask a question about the shuttle. Made reservations and paid for 3 rooms a few months ago thru priceline. So, I was surprised when I was greeted by the Hilton representative. She explained that Hilton bought the Wyndham. I asked her to verify my reservation and of course she can't find it. So, now I am waiting to hear from a supervisor at Hilton and I contacted Priceline and they say they will investigate as well. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Melissa

You should be ok. If Priceline can confirm they (you) purchased the rooms, it shouldn't be a problem. With past Hilton experiences, they will typically (considering liability is with them) assign you to another Hilton property if no availability at FLL airport. Good luck with them. Thankfully they still had my priceline reservation from January. I called in Feb. after the takeover and confirmed.

Lifes a cruze,

Thank you for your reply makes me feel better knowing others have had positive outcomes in similar situations. We have a late arrival Saturday night and we are traveling with my mom and her dh and my in-laws and our 2 kids so I am glad I found out about it ahead of time and we are not trying to fix it at midnight on a holiday weekend.

Melissa

Melissa it might be a good idea to also post this information over at the "North America Homeports" forum and then under East Coast Departures. Alot of cruisers go there to find hotels for Ft. Lauderdale. Just a suggestion.

marilyn

Marilyn,

Did that before coming here. Of course, I wanted to give my fellow Princess lovers a heads up in case they have the same hotel booked.

Melissa

Good girl.:D That hotel board has been a lifesaver for me in the past. Great information there.

marilyn

Update: Hilton called and they are reserving 3 rooms for us but wanted my credit card number to "hold" the reservation. They are supposed to call Priceline and verify the rooms are already paid for. Hilton advises me that they still offer an airport shuttle but do NOT offer a cruiseport shuttle. She said a taxi would run about $20 and we would need at least 2 cabs maybe three. She said we could take their shuttle back to the airport and cab from there it should only be about $10 per cab. Does anyone know if these fares are fairly accurate?

Melissa

Update: Hilton called and they are reserving 3 rooms for us but wanted my credit card number to "hold" the reservation. They are supposed to call Priceline and verify the rooms are already paid for. Hilton advises me that they still offer an airport shuttle but do NOT offer a cruiseport shuttle. She said a taxi would run about $20 and we would need at least 2 cabs maybe three. She said we could take their shuttle back to the airport and cab from there it should only be about $10 per cab. Does anyone know if these fares are fairly accurate?

Melissa

I know the hotel is only about 3-4 miles from the port. And IIRC the cab fare was more around $10?

Melissa

We were on the CB on 3/11 and had booked the Wyndham through Priceline back in October. In January I found out that Hilton purchased the property so I called to verify if my reservation was still good. If you've never booked through Priceline before, please be aware that you are not guarenteed a room that has double beds or is non smoking. You have to ask the hotel for that directly. They will make a note in their records of your request and try to accomodate you. We came from the west coast and took a red eye so I also asked for early check in. We arrived at the hotel at 9:30am and they were able to accomodate all of our requests! The rooms were also remodeled and we were happy with our choice! We are planning to book with them again this Sept for our Western Caribbean cruise!

There is no complimentary shuttle to the cruise port. We used the hotel's chartered shuttle and paid $8.00 a person. (Less hassle for us.) You can book with the bellman at the front of the hotel entrance. Cabs are running anywhere from $10.00 to 15.00 depending on your cab driver.

Archived