HELP! Hawaii Sept 9th on POA

Twice-a-year

Help! we want to book the Pride of Aloha on Sept 9th, a new 10 days itinerary. NCL customer service, none of them can tell me if the ship will cruise out to see the lava at night or not! If so, what side of the ship should I book? The route that NCL have it on the website, it is the Sept 19th itinerary not for the 9th!

Anyone have idea, Please help :confused:

Help! we want to book the Pride of Aloha on Sept 9th, a new 10 days itinerary. NCL customer service, none of them can tell me if the ship will cruise out to see the lava at night or not! If so, what side of the ship should I book? The route that NCL have it on the website, it is the Sept 19th itinerary not for the 9th!

Anyone have idea, Please help :confused:

Technically, sailing by the lava flow will be decided by the captain, and will be determined by the weather conditions at the time. However, it is more likely than not that you'll get to see those spectacular views. I would personally recommend the Starboard side, but it's my understanding that the ships now turn around do all sides get a view.

Me too! I am also looking at that itinerary & actually accidentally "booked" a cabin. A few days later I got a call from my PCC - but I told him to cancel it as I was not ready to book yet. He asked me if I had any questions he could help with, so I asked him the same thing and told him the route of the itinerary was not posted correctly on the website, so I couldn't tell. He had no clue either. Then I asked him if the balcony cabin connectors could open and he thought I was asking about doors between connecting cabins! When I finally got him to understand what I was talking about, he said, "Bottom line, is no, they can not be opened." What good is a PCC when they can't help you? What do all of you experienced NCL Pride of Aloha cruisers say?

I believe I can help you with this question. Right after Hilo when the ship is heading for the volcano. The main thing to look out for is what port is next. IF the next port is maui like Pride of Hawaii and America then the ship has to turn around in order to get to the next port. I do understand at times for ships when it goes to Kona as the next port the ship will only sail on one side. Then in that card starboard side is your best side. I suggest going to whatever lounge is forward and top on the ship. It's usually like the disco or so for best views of the volcano.

The itinerary on the website looks correct, it starts on the right day (sunday) and has 10 days.

If it's correct you definitely get lava viewing.. and Na Pali and Molokai...

Plus lanai and kahoolawe which hardly any other sailings will do. You gotta get a balcony for this one.

Overwhelming majority of NCL sailings are going to see Lava viewing.

These new 10/11 pride of aloha itineraries are fantastic, the ones that just do hawaii

Archived