Roll Call Legend Dec 5 -07 to Jan 2-08

Brian Twomey

Hi,

Anyone going on these cruises. We are Aussies from down under compliments of our son calls himself Jaffa. I am just learning how to use this site but hope to get better as I answer any reply

Brian & Kaye.:eek:

Brian and Kaye...welcome to Seabourn....I did offer your son my services as your chaperone....but he turned me down!! :( You will love your cruise, just as we did on our very first this time last year! We actually sailed out of Cairns just as Cyclone Larry was racing in to meet us! We won!

I'm glad you found the courage to give this ago dad! well done!!

Welcome to the cruise boards, you will find everyone here, or in fact on any of the sub-boards on cruise critic a huge help in preparing for your and mums big journey. (:-))

The thing I have found most about the Seabourn board is not just the help, but the fact that many here are just wonderfull decent nice people from all over the world.. If you look at my "Caldera" general cruise questions post you will get an idea on how many people are wishing you both well and have offered help and idea's.

Did you try putting your booking number under the "already Booked" section of the Seabourn site?? did it work?? If it did and you got in, you now see it's all official, Congradulations! Its not a dream......

Now don't just sit back, feel free to post any questions either of you have and rest assured you won't always get the same answer. what you will get is the combined wealth of experience of a whole bunch of seasoned travelers who love to share their experiences and maybe along the way pick up a few new tips themselves. Remember there is a big difference between a tourist and a traveler, those that cruise Seabourn are by and large the latter.

But as you will probally have guessed not everyones experience is the same, so the length and breadth of feedback will give go you both heaps to ponder over. Many will give you hints and tips that will help to make you big trip that much more "special"

As this is your first trip out of Australia and mum is a little aprehensive about the whole thing, make sure she sits with you when your on the board and maybe you can get her to say hi, because l know she will meet some new friends here. There are already some people who have said they will be on your cruise from my original posting, so it will be a good chance to get to know some of your fellow adventurers and kick start some new friendships!!

I have had the best and most fun time making this all happen for you both. I told you this will be your dream trip of a lifetime and i know it will be.

I know the whole world can read this, but l don't care.

I love you both very much, and am just so proud of you and to be your son.

You spent your whole lives giving me the best chance to make it in this world and you succeeded.

You sacrificed much, including many of the good things in life for the benifit of your family.

Now its your turn.

Anyway I always wanted mum to be a princess at least once in her life.

Nobody deserves this more than you two.

The world is just such an amazing place, your both going to love it.

Love

Colin

First...congratulations to giving birth to such a wonderful son. Colin is one young man we would love to meet!

Welcome to our wonderful ships...to sail on one..is to set foot on a journey of your dreams. The crew and staff will make you feel at home and spoiled from the minute you arrive. When you get to your suite...open and look into every nook and crany..then you assign each other spaces...now you are ready to unpack. Without first knowing which spaces are yours..you get in each others way. It is amazing how well the suite is designed to stash everything. Your stewardess will aquaint you with all the info you need. She is always a great help. You will enjoy hosted tables..as is it's a wonderful way to get to know others. Your excursions are also a good way to meet..as well as the sun deck and the sky bar. Of course with the special itinery that Colin has set you upon...you will be seasoned travelers by the time you reach SB. Enjoy, Lola and Don

Welcome Brian and Kaye!

Of course, now that you are CC members, we will expect some terrific trip reports, not just about Seabourn, but the rest of your wonderful new adventure.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello fellow cruises from the land down under. Colin told me that you had posted here, so I am back to offer any support or questions you have about your cruise. We are on Seabourn Legend from the 19th of December to the 16th of Jan (phew a month of not lifting a finger!) so will be with you for 2 weeks of your cruise.

I am from Albury/Wodonga (NSW/VIC Border) and have been on Seabourn three times previously. The staff, the food, the overall ambience on this ship makes the travel worthwhile from the other side of the globe.In all honesty, looking at colins post, you are better off organising your own flights from OZ. The cheapest way (also longest flying!) is to do a Round the world ticket on Oneworld.

I am flying Albury-Sydney-Los Angeles- Newark (to meet the folks) Miami- Cruise for a month, then San Jose to Miami- Miami-London- Singapore-Sydney and Albury.The cost of this flight was cheaper than doing a return to Miami on Qantas alone. If you need to book, ask for a DONE4 (business class) or AONE4 (first) or LONE4 for economy.

Try and use the services of a "professional" agent, and not some of the "highstreet" brigade (i can't give you any hints online here, but email me on jamesking@ozemail.com.au) and ill offer some advice!Also try and book your future cruises in the US, or UK! we saved 50% from Seabourn and another 7% from the agent, meaning a month on Seabourn for a great deal less.

I really look forward to meeting you, and wish you Bon Voyage

James

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We received our pre cruise shore docs today.

Most seem to be for very fit people with the 3 people walking emblem rating them as considerable effort.

The few that aren't look pretty boring.

Are there more tours avail when you get onboard, that are not in the pre cruise docs ??

The prices seem okay, l was expecting them to be more expensive but they seem reasonable.

The Embrea Village tour is rated as 3 people walking as well. Is it really that strenuous??

It looks great, but mum and dad are worried about all these 3 people things.

There worry is there does not seem much they can do in tours that are interesting for the whole 29 days.

Any advice??

I have also just got some of our pre cruise docs for our South American cruise, and there are a lot with the 3 walking people as well. I wont attempt them, as I don't want to hold up other people. There also seem to be a lot of "horse riding" ones......last time hubby tried that he fell off and busted his hip! There are a couple where you swing through trees on cables.......nah.....not quite for me......then there are others that say "due to the altitude, anyone with heart or respiratory problems shouldn't book"......there really isn't a lot for us either, so we might just have to spend more time on the ship being pampered! We will mostly just stick to nice gentle "sightseeing tours" although there is one in canoes that I want to do.......oh yeah lots of kayaking tours too!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Margo & Tom,

We are boarding Legend on the 5th Dec and will be glad to meet you on departure from Fort Lauderdale on the 19 Dec. I went into your Web site and found you support breast cancer. As my wife has had breast cancer we will be glad to talk about our experences and your involvement in it. If we fail to meet our cabin No is 125.

Regards Brian.:cool:

Marja: We would be delighted to meet you on the Legend holiday voyage. The more the merrier. And you're certainly deserving of some pampering.

Brian: We look forward to seeing you and Kaye as well. We're in 134 - just down the passageway.

See all of you in less than two months!

Hi Guys!

I am getting quite excited now, it's NEXT MONTH!!! Just a question, we are doing the Grand Voyage for 28 days. Our cruise is therefore advertised as 1) two one week holidays, plus a two week holiday, and 2) as a months cruise.

Will the tickets come together or as seperate tickets for each of the legs? We got the shore excursion documents together, but they were two seperate booklets for each section.

Seabourn- nail... My round, you poor thing! Thinking of you and looking forward to meeting you onboard.

James

>"Will the tickets come together or as seperate tickets for each of the legs? We got the shore excursion documents together, but they were two seperate booklets for each section."

The ticket booklet will reflect all the legs on one page. The excursion booklets are not passenger specific.

I noticed a port change on Seabourn's website this morning for December 28. In stead of St. John, we will go to Marigot, St. Martin that day. And the Seabourn Experience (beach BBQ) will be offered the following day on Virgin Gorda. That will be my third time on Virgin Gorda, I can't wait. It's a pity we won't go to St. John, because the beaches there are extremely white and beautiful, but I couldn't care less, as long as I'm going!

Marja

Hi Marja,

I am travelling with my mum and grandma and her friend (to help carry the luggage!) on the month cruise starting December 19th. I hope that I am not the youngest on board, but it doesn't matter if I am... it's still Seabourn!

I am eagerly awaiting tickets and thinking of the sun and sea (I live in Australia, but my mum and gran live in the UK) so the sun is here in oz already!

I am going to have to do some serious exercise to get rid of the 100 million breadsticks that I am going to consume, as well as the fine cusine of seabourn. I loved the chefs night last time, and it was a welcome change from the Charlie Palmer menu!

Keep well, and see you on the 19th!

James

Archived