Passports this year....

BLONDIE35

Anyone know how long it takes to get your passport after the passport agency cashes your check? I am unable to view the status of my passport because I had a name change done so therefore I cannot go to travel.state.gov. Any help would be appreciated! they cashed my check 3/29/07

:)

My husband applied for a new passport on 2/1/07 at the Post Office. Have been following progress on Passport website. Finally says it is in the mail. Should be delivered by 4/7. That puts it at 9 weeks.

I sent my renewal on 2/3/07 and it still says mine is in process.

So I'd say their estimate of 10 weeks is pretty near the mark!

According to a recent Chicago Tribune article ... passport agency is now getting some 1 million applications/month. They've added 200 more staff ... regular processing is at 10 weeks and expedited is now at 2 weeks, down from 4 weeks.

We received our passports in 10 weeks. Our check was cashed by the third week after the passport application was mailed. We mailed ours on January 10, the check cleared on January 31 and we received our passports the week of March 18th. When I checked the status, it started by stating we would received our passports on or about February 16. Then it would change by three days each time when we checked again and again. Finally it said on or about March 13. Fortunately, we were not waiting on them for a trip and we did not specify one when we applied. I don't know if that makes a difference or not if you don't state travel plans since the passport application was not expedited.:)

Archived