Parking & luggage - can someone explain

dpomes

We are sailing on the Grandeur this Saturday. Can someone please explain what we are to do with our luggage if the Grandeur is docked at the Julia St. pier. Do we drive to that pier, give our luggage to the porters, then go back and park in the garage? Or do they have porters at the garage for both piers? I am so confused! :confused:

The parking garage is for both Julia and Erato piers. They are right next to each other. They have porters at the garage that will take your luggage, but make sure you have your tags on them.

The parking garage is for both Julia and Erato piers. They are right next to each other. They have porters at the garage that will take your luggage, but make sure you have your tags on them.

That's what I wanted to know. I just wanted to make sure because I thought I had read that the porters were only for the Erato pier. Thanks! :)

I recommend dropping your family/friends with all your luggage at the correct terminal, then going to park the car by yourself, then walking/shuttling back to the terminal.

Any parking garage that has porters for both ships makes it possible that your luggage could end up on the wrong ship. Improbable, but not impossible. Leaving the bags at the correct terminal (with your group) makes it darn near impossible.

What I would do, and do do,

Mark:)

I recommend dropping your family/friends with all your luggage at the correct terminal, then going to park the car by yourself, then walking/shuttling back to the terminal.

Any parking garage that has porters for both ships makes it possible that your luggage could end up on the wrong ship. Improbable, but not impossible. Leaving the bags at the correct terminal (with your group) makes it darn near impossible.

What I would do, and do do,

Mark:)

Thanks for the tip. That's probably what we'll end up doing.

Archived