HMC Clamshell Question

O2B@C

I've seen photos of the HMC clamshells from the outside, but nothing that shows the inside of them. I just saw some hotel clamshells here in Hawaii that have two lounge chairs sort of built into them, so the whole thing (clamshell plus two chairs) is a single unit.

This gives rise to the following question: Are the HMC clamshells like this, or are they more like a clamshell-shaped beach umbrella, which can either have chairs under it or just sit straight on the beach?

The reason I ask is that my DH cannot sit in a lounger due to back problems. He needs to sit either in a straight chair or on a towel directly on the sand. We'd like to have the shade from the clamshell (and can't afford a cabana), but it won't work for him if it's like the ones I saw at the hotel here. Thanks for any info HMC veterans can provide! Aloha!

I have seen photos of the shells on the beach, folded flat. It looks like they have PVC piping holding it together and the chairs can be slid in or out. They did not appear to be attached. when you get on the island a cruise person walks with you to set it up where you would like it.

This way people can use the chairs to get sun or shade.

Hope it helps...I will look for that photo and if i find it i will post it.

Denyce

Thanks, Denyce! I have the same impression you do, and your reinforcement of it is good news!

I would still love to hear from anyone who's actually been there and rented one. Thanks in advance, all!

I was there about 5 months ago and rented a clamshell. The chairs are seperate and not part of the clamshell. They do attach the clamshell bracket to your chairs. I am going back in 28 days........whos counting. I can get more info if you need it.

I was there about 5 months ago and rented a clamshell. The chairs are seperate and not part of the clamshell. They do attach the clamshell bracket to your chairs. I am going back in 28 days........whos counting. I can get more info if you need it.

Thanks so much - now I can relax! But not as much as you will be doing in 28 days - lucky you - have a fabulous time!

Archived