just back from Pride of Aloha

stingraynz

When we first went into our room there was a bottle of California sparkling wine that merely said "enjoy your cruise" NCL America. We thought it may be from our TA but she had left other wine and a big flower arrangement. So it wasn't from her as it clearly said NCL America.

Now I have no idea why we got this, our cabin steward said those who are latitudes rec'd them. We were certainly not going to question this further, we are at the five cruise level on NCL so that is silver. So it isn't like we are platinum or anything. We just thought that was very thoughtful as we were certainly not expecting it and we did very much enjoy it. Our steward chilled it for us and provided the glasses. The only other time we have rec'd champagne (or similar) was when Oceania screwed up our air flights to Europe and when we got onboard they were trying to make amends (they suceeded -BTW. In fact, I have another Oceania cruise booked).

So this is just something else that makes it hard for me to dislike NCL. I have gone on the last few NCL cruises as a skeptic. This one especially...I was almost scared and even looking for shortcomings. But in the end I have always enjoyed myself. I hope you all have the same positive experience on your sailings.

One other thing....everything seems to be coming back to me now. When you order drinks on deck or in the bar. Especially the drink of the day. Do question if you are getting it in the NCL take home souvenir glass. I remember people mentioning this on the boards and they were completely correct. They just seem to give you the souvenir glass and charge you for it whether you ask or not. Now, if you want the souvenir glass by all means it's not bad it's real glass - it was cute. But if you do not as I did not want to pack a glass in my already nightmare suitcase. the drink was $1 cheaper to get a regular glass that looked to me like it was even bigger. So keep that in mind also.

Archived