fun with NCL registration form

mummsie

Well what a fun time we are having. MY DH found out yesterday that we are suppose to have filled in the on line registration form (nobody had told our TA or us) for our up coming cruise on the Sun. Our local TA emailed us yesterday saying we had to fill out the form - they couldn't do it for us. We were wondering why we hadn't received our tickets yet 3 weeks out!!! Well we tried and tried to fill out the rotton thing. Wouldn't submit so I finally phoned today - we are in Australia so phoned first thing this morning my time - 7.30pm in Miami. After 25 minutes at International phone rates finally found somebody who worked out it was because we are classed as Aliens - maybe we have 2 heads!!! The very helpful man on the help desk fixed it all up for me. Tried to submit the form again and it came up with an error saying what is our hotel or destination in the USA. We don't have one as we are flying direct back from Canada to Australia. Phoned NCL and was again put on hold - this time for only 10 minutes. The person in the help desk couldn't help me because he can only ever remember it happening once before and everybody had gone home for the day - I can't believe there are only 2 of us who have ever gone home direct from Canada.!!!! Now I have to try and stay awake until midnight tonight to phone back to try and have my problem solved. Not happy about it at all - this has cost me a lot of money on top of the $18,000 for our dream cruise. I hope we get our tickets in time. Its a public holiday here for Easter for the next 4 days and then with postage time from the US to Australia - usually around 2 weeks - we will be cutting it very fine. I am starting to get a little stressed about this whole thing. Mummsie:(:(

the NCL on-line system is scary it's so bad. Big stress b/c they scare you with you HAVE to fill this out or else! No confirmation that it works. Typical. As I and others have said, NCL is terrible on shore, great on the boat.

:confused: We are also aliens rom down under. I managed to do our registration on line. We are fortunate because we are staying overnight in Honolulu before flying home. One of the registration questions were though, which airline are you lying with, ours was not listed, we are flying Jetstar, so just keyed in Qantas as they are a subsidiary company. When submitted I just crossed out qantas and wrote Jetstar, this solved the problem. have a happy cruise, best of luck.

I am Canadian. In the line that said "US Address" I typed " returning directly to Canada" the computer accepted it and I was able to complete my on-line registration.

Also, I borded the ship using only this on-line registration confirmation. I had forgotten the tickets in the truck and would have gone back to the parking lot if needed but the women at check in assured me as long as I had checked in on-line and had identification I was fine.

Best wishes, and have a great cruise, you will love the Sun.

Is the registration even mandatory? How come whenever I show up with it filled out they say "Oh good! You have the form!" as though it is quite possible to NOT have the form. There are even two lines at the very end- form holders and the sorry no-formers. I absolutely do NOT think it has anything to do with your docs not arriving yet, as it says right on the docs "go fill out the pre-reg form."

The best is Carnival- stern warnings that if I mess up even a middle initial, no trip for me.

I've used e docs once- no problem.

I had the same problem in the same part. Kept asking for a US address?? Going to Alaska Vancouver return and I live in Vancouver!!

It finally accepted taxi - home :D The first one was awful slow like it was "thinking" about it, the second went thro fast lol

well finally got it worked out after the 3rd phone call. They just told us to put our home address - its only in case of accident apparently - so if its so not important - why is it a madatory field. We were originally going to do that but then we thought thats stupid - we don't live in the USA. So I am now a resident of Alaska as you need to put a State in!!! Anyhow our local TA was going to have a word with somebody here at NCL in Australia about changing the form for residents outside of the USA.!!! Will be interesting to see if anybody else had problems because we have been told there are quite a few Aussies on our cruise.!!! :D Mummsie

Archived